Miroku 1873 .44-40

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Miroku 1873 .44-40

Post by HawkCreek »

Recently I asked a question about which caliber to get when I ordered one of the new Miroku 1873 Deluxe Sporting models. Here is the thread:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71868

Finally was able to get pictures that at least attempted to do justice to this gun. Beautiful case coloring and some very nice wood all around on it as well. First couple levers seemed a tiny bit gritty but after working it a couple times that seems to have gone away. I'm going to take it apart later this afternoon and polish a few points inside. I'll get a tang sight ordered for it and change out the stupid bead front sight as well. Not sure how long until I'll get a chance to shoot it but hopefully soon! It's not a lightweight rifle but with the half octagon/half round barrel it balances like a bird gun.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Miroku 1873 .44-40

Post by .45colt »

A big Atta Boy !! I have looked at a few of them and never saw one with wood so nice. That looks like a fine rifle. I can't wait to hear how it shoots. :D .
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That is one fine looking 73,lets hear how it shoots when you take her out for some fun!

ollogger
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Wow! You got some great wood on that one. Mine is a saddle ring carbine so it's blued all over just like the original from 1895.

I put a Lyman tang sight on my new one, got it shimmed to match the barrel sight but haven't shot any groups yet. Need to take care of that.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's the prettiest new 1873 I've ever seen......I like the configuration...deluxe with half rd./oct.....super wood. One thing about those Japs....they can make a durable gun. It's a shame they don't let their citizens enjoy them.----6
Model A Uzi’s
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 pm One thing about those Japs....they can make a durable gun. It's a shame they don't let their citizens enjoy them.----6
yes that is crazy when you think about it.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Boy howdy that's a beaut!
Nothing like deep blue, color case AND fantastic wood!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

very nice! now take it for some exercise!
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Finally had a couple hours to myself and got out with the new '73 today. I absolutely despise bead front sights and I've never been a big fan of buckhorn rear sights either (this one is due to get a reproduction silver rocky mountain front and a tang rear as replacements). Never the less without adjusting the sights and with a factory load (need to make brass before I can work up a load) this rifle impressed me.

Group on the left is off a redneck bench rest (tailgate) lower two shots were aimed at the bottom left corner of the target then I moved the POA to the center left. Group on the right is standing offhand aiming toward the top left of the left edge of the target (I need to practice offhand more, didnt realize how long it's been until I tried today).
30 Yards:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That is looking very good!

ollogger