Pitchy!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Pitchy!

Post by Griff »

How close are you to Turtle River, MN? I'm delivering a couple of pieces up there tomorrow. I'll bet someplace up there serves coffee... maybe even someplace that has truck parkin'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Pitchy!

Post by 3leggedturtle »

It’s Roughly 68 miles from Pitchy. The bar/cafe has a truck parking. Well it’s a huge lot if I remember right. Which way you heading from Turtle River? Todd
BTW there is a couple of truck stops at Bemidji.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't know... no loads have jumped out at me screamin' "take me, you'll get rich!" There's a couple down in Perham, but they have to pick up tomorrow, probably can't make those.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Todd has it right, i tell ya pard i appreciate ya thinking about me but i can`t meet ya i`m just not feeling good enough.
I`m lucky if we get a ride in or go to a lake which i hope too this week, heck i don`t even go to town any more Norma does the running for me.
I never go to restaurants or the like because i feel so bad and out of place, sorry pard i really am, don`t know which way your coming north but they have 371 closed off from Backus to Hackensack and a crazy detour around.
Maybe some day your up this way and can park in Hack we can pick ya up and bring ya over to the house, dern i feel small about this. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Pitchy...relax.....it took Griff three times before I got off my azz and met him. But....we did have a good time at the gunclub.---6
Model A Uzi’s
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Well if’n you get close to Aitkin let me know. Pitchy hope you get to feeling better. Just think about our best weather is these next 2 months! Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, my friend.
Hang in there.
Prayers up. God Bless.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

3leggedturtle wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 pmWell if’n you get close to Aitkin let me know. Pitchy hope you get to feeling better. Just think about our best weather is these next 2 months! Todd
Aye, Pitchy. Take care of yourself, 1st & foremost.

Todd, I''m headed to Perham to pick up on Friday. Seems like this is the 1st time I've been here in good weather... usually it seems to snow and aw gawd ICE over everytime I'm up here! Will keep Aitkin in mind!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Lenn, feel better pard.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks fellars and Griff we`ll meet up some day maybe in the next life if nothing else.
I`ve been sick with several things for 40 years that no one seems to be able to fix and imagine i`ll be feeling this way until i meet the Lord.
What bugs me sometimes is how people act towards someone that has health issues, they don`t seem to understand why a person can`t just go and do things anyway.
I`ve had IBS most my life and when i never went to family picnics they would get mad at me and i`d hear later, well Lenn ya know ya never came to any picnics. :roll:
It`s a day by day life and it is what it is, i try. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:10 pm Thanks fellars and Griff we`ll meet up some day maybe in the next life if nothing else.
I`ve been sick with several things for 40 years that no one seems to be able to fix and imagine i`ll be feeling this way until i meet the Lord.
What bugs me sometimes is how people act towards someone that has health issues, they don`t seem to understand why a person can`t just go and do things anyway.
I`ve had IBS most my life and when i never went to family picnics they would get mad at me and i`d hear later, well Lenn ya know ya never came to any picnics. :roll:
It`s a day by day life and it is what it is, i try. :)
Pitchy, I don't know what all is wrong with you but I sure understand tummy/poopy problems....

The company thought it unfair for me to be stuck in the lab nights when so many with much less seniority got to work out in the field during the day....

So I showed up ready for duty with my lunchbox, coffee thermos, water bottle, five gallon bucket and a roll of toilet paper.

When they realized what the bucket and paper were for, they decided that that might not be good public relations. Went home and crawled into bed and was back in the lab (and my very own toilet nearby) - same time, same place, same channel- as they used to say.....
m.A.g.a. !
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sorry to hear you're doing poorly Lenn. My aunt used to tell me "old age ain't for sissies." I don't know where she got that but I now know she was right. I had a conversation with Jr. tonight and told him I could do anything today I could do 30 years ago... it just takes me longer.
I was recently diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I guess I'll keep going till I can't. I got my handicap tag a few weeks ago and am becoming enthralled with my cane.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My two favorite sayings:

"Youth is wasted on the young," and, "... the best revenge one can hope for is live long enough to watch how the young deal with getting old". I must admit that I tried my damnedest to prove my pops was wrong with that first one... I literally tried to wear myself out by the time I was 30... hell, I couldn't be trusted, right? Apparently I'm a "slacker"... as I failed in that task. But, I'm having a blast watchin' some of my "younger" friends cope with the ordeals of turnin' 30!!! Not to mention those that're complainin' about bein' "over 40!" :twisted: :twisted: Maybe all that workin' & playin' HARD in my youth keeps me goin' now...

I gotta admit... in my late 40's and into my early 50's I would ask for tire loads because the exercise of hand unloading them was good, (as was the pay)... Now that I'm closer to 70 than 65, not so much... as I found out on Tuesday... I'm still sore! Havin' a big over-sized p/u tire fall and dent my thigh didn't help! But, hey... that purple color will eventually fade... right?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

IBS is something that is tough to understand for a lot of folks. There are those who just refuse to accept that someone can be dealing with an issue that they cannot see and do not have in their own life. A friend back home has MS and also some heart issues from being clinically dead for about 15 minutes or a little more. He looks healthy on the outside. Just looking healthy on the outside is not enough. Right now, we don't have a cure for IBS, and there doesn't seem to be any company looking for it. The stuff such as Harvoni is expensive. I may be wrong, but I think it makes so much money for the manufacturer that there is an incentive to NOT find a cure. In the mean time, people such as you have to suffer and watch everything you eat. One little seed or nut might set off a round of misery.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks fellas for understanding, sometimes i think having a bunch of problems that can`t be fixed all your life is worse than something major that surgery gets rid of.
I`ve had bad luck with doctors , between cover ups from car accidents and lawyers to doctors thinking i`m only there trying to get a disability and don`t take my problems seriously.
I kinda give up on all of it anymore and just have good days and bad days more bad than good, dang neck injury and concussion bother me most with a loud ringing noise in my head and circular thinking and neck aches all the time.
I hate nagging about it but times like this when i couldn`t go meet up with someone bugs me alot.
Cheers friends. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Hang in there, Lenn. We're all thinking about you!

Jason 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Lenn, I always try to remember that my bad days could be someone else's good days, I count my blessings that the good lord at least lets me enjoy the beauty of creation. I hope you take comfort in the fact that you bring a lot of fun to us folks and that we appreciate you being a big part of our family of levergunners here.
Prayers for your improved health problems my friend.

John.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I know we've talked about this, Lenn. I know how it frustrates you because it keeps you from doing what you'd like, when you'd like.
I certainly don't have any great wisdom to impart, but I know that you try and make your good days special, and that's important. Best of all, when you have a good day, you share it with us here. You share your talent, ingenuity, and generosity.
Consequently, when you have a bad day, remember that you have friends. Then it's our turn to give. Sometimes you just have to complain! We all do.
Shoot me an email or call anytime, bro. I count you as a friend.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys it means alot that you care, not many around home have cared all these years and have hurt us terribly .
I fully expect the Lord will come for us soon. :D
I am going to try and fire up the sawmill today i have half dozen logs that need sawing before fall.
Will try and shoot a video.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nice cool weather for working this weekend. The wind keeps the bugs away too. I’d offer to help you but don’t know if I’d be a help or hindrance! Todd

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks for the offer Todd i know you would but we got er done. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:44 amI know we've talked about this, Lenn. I know how it frustrates you because it keeps you from doing what you'd like, when you'd like.
I certainly don't have any great wisdom to impart, but I know that you try and make your good days special, and that's important. Best of all, when you have a good day, you share it with us here. You share your talent, ingenuity, and generosity.
Consequently, when you have a bad day, remember that you have friends. Then it's our turn to give. Sometimes you just have to complain! We all do.
Shoot me an email or call anytime, bro. I count you as a friend.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks Jay, Griff and everyone. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No thanks needed bud. That's what friends do.