Browning Micro Midas and Henry Youth

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dennis DDD
Levergunner

Browning Micro Midas and Henry Youth

Post by Dennis DDD »

Hi all, just joined the site. Own several Henry's- love them- including the Youth model. Browning Micro Midas got my attention lately- went to a store- they showed me a BL-22 grade one just to try the short throw. Not a big deal to me- was wondering if it was worth the money to get the Micro- Midas as well. Love shooting the lever actions. Thanks
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning Micro Midas and Henry Youth

Post by OldWin »

Welcome to the fire Dennis! You have stumbled upon the best forum on the net.
While we are levergunners through and through, you will never be discouraged from buying any type of shootin iron around these parts!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Dennis DDD
Levergunner

Post by Dennis DDD »

Thank you for the welcome. I did forget to ask- if anyone knows- will the Browning chamber the Aquila Quiet? I've read they will and the Micro barrel is only 16 inches though my Henry pump- with 20 inch works fine. I guess the bug a boo is for semi- autos.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Welcome.

The only 'quiet ammo' issue I've seen in my levergun 22 (a Ruger 96/22) is a caution not to use the Super Colubri since mine has an integrally suppressed barrel and they can keyhole and hit a baffle. The 'Quiet' ones don't have that issue and feed fine in the Ruger, and with the suppressor are so quiet that if you shoot at a snowbank 200 yards away, the echo coming back from the snow is all you hear. Even unsuppressed they are pretty quiet.

The Ruger feeds from a rotary magazine though so might feed stuff the tube-loaders might balk at.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My Henry feeds the Aquilla quiet rounds perfectly. I prefer the Super Colibri just for the better killing power on rats. They are not any louder than a handclap. I have never had a neighbor even notice when I used them. They also work well on stray dogs to help them move along. One coyote limped of after receiving 12 shots of Super Colibri. It was about to attack one of our dogs. It got away, but it was obviously injured. If I would have had time, I would have changed out the low powered ones for regular rounds. It all happened too fast for me to think about what was loaded in the gun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Welcome to a great forum with a lot of gun and loading knowledge here.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15