The ideal 'if only one gun' carbine...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The ideal 'if only one gun' carbine...

Post by 6pt-sika »

My one is gonna be atleast THREE ! AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel , Ruger #3 that was a 44 MAG and is now a more personable 444 and my newest Parker EH 10 gauge (this one does very well with lead shot , Bismuth , buck shot and slugs . Oops I shoulda said four I want my 1911 also .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

6pt-sika wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm My one is gonna be atleast THREE ! AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel , Ruger #3 that was a 44 MAG and is now a more personable 444 and my newest Parker EH 10 gauge (this one does very well with lead shot , Bismuth , buck shot and slugs . Oops I shoulda said four I want my 1911 also .

HMMM, having trouble with the one gun part, are you? :mrgreen:
Merle from PA
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Merle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm My one is gonna be atleast THREE ! AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel , Ruger #3 that was a 44 MAG and is now a more personable 444 and my newest Parker EH 10 gauge (this one does very well with lead shot , Bismuth , buck shot and slugs . Oops I shoulda said four I want my 1911 also .

Nope no trouble at all ! I just choose to change the rules to suit me 😉👍🏻
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

6pt-sika wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 pm
Merle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Nope no trouble at all ! I just choose to change the rules to suit me 😉👍🏻
AHA - that explains it......
Merle from PA
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

Ok, I can't decide between two. I guess it would depend on where I'm going to ride out the storm. Either my Rossi m92 in 480R or my Mini-14. The 480 holds 10+1 rounds and can drop any critter in the north American continent. A good choice if I'm headed to the wilderness. The Mini-14 looks almost house trained with a 5 round mag and sans scope. A few 20 round mags in a carry bag turn the Mini into an excellent defense weapon. In a couple of minutes, I can have a 3-9 Leupold mounted and previously tested and confirmed repeat accuracy will be minute of bad guy brain at 100 yards. The Mini would be better if hanging around populated areas.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just "1" of what I currently own? That's mean. :P
But, probably the Ruger Stainless Take-Down 10-22....If I can have a handgun, the Stainless Single Six with both cyl. Those hollow point .22 mags pack a decent punch and make a good sized hole.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Soft spot for an old classic. I know we like to diss the .30 carbine round these days, but I have read that the Germans just hated it.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/m1-c ... 1-carbine/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 am Soft spot for an old classic. I know we like to diss the .30 carbine round these days, but I have read that the Germans just hated it.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/m1-c ... 1-carbine/
I have a pair of them that my pop and grandpop bought thru the NRA back about 62 I believe . Both of them may end up in the box with me down the road .