Is this for real

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Is this for real

Post by gundownunder »

I just got this on my facebook. Is it for real?

NEVER FORGIVE A TRAITOR. SHE REALLY WAS A TRAITOR!!

This is for all the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear. Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century."

Barbara Walters writes:
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during the Vietnam War.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho LoPrison, the "Hanoi Hilton."

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "peace activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward onto the camp commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

>From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton". . . The first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. . . At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper... Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development adviser in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia; and one year in a 'black box' in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Banme Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.)

We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals." When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with her. I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received. . . and how different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with a large steel weight placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane. I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Lest we forget. . . "100 Years of Great Women" should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer, and she needs to know that we will never forget.

RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt,
USAF 716 Maintenance Squadron,
Chief of Maintenance DSN: 875-6431 COMM: 883-6343
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is this for real

Post by jnyork »

Real but old, from several years ago IIRC.

Jane Fonda would make a good lamp-post decoration. :evil:
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

No love here for Hanoi Jane -- but POWs who were there (she only met seven) have categorically denied this ever happened.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nonetheless, Jane Fonda, like her brother Peter, are both thing's.
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Anybody else remember the pic of her sitting on a NVA anti aircraft gun?
To this day she has not shown remorse for her actions.
Not even close to being a great woman - but the term "traitor" comes to mind. :x
Merle from PA
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The only part I have difficulty believing is that Barbara Walters saw through her libtardery; I figured Walters was herself just another 'journalist' LibTard.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Little Jane had a lot of political company at the time. She went on to become a "woman of the century" and some of her fellow traitors took over academia to give us the cesspool we have today in our major universities. Interesting times, these past 50 years...
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

She has been given ample time to apologize and ask forgiveness. She has not done so. May she be given the eternal reward for such abominable behavior.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Fonda and that piece of stuff John Kerry were teamed up together protesting the war and the military. Kerry tossed his Nam Medals over the WH fence, IIRC.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Jane Who ??????????????????????????????????.

An embarrassment!.

Regards Mark
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

God only knows if the actual details of that story are true, but I do know she has never offered an apology for offering propaganda pictures to an enemy our country was fighting at the time. I know a lot of Vets that still think she should be shot.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 pmKerry tossed his Nam Medals over the WH fence, IIRC.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well he didn't earn them legitimately anyhow.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

There was a time they shot traitors. Too bad that time has passed. By the way, there is no statute of limitations on treason. The President should have her arrested and tried.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

She was a political idiot, she got photoed on the AA gun no doubt, the rest of the story apparently isn't true. The guys in the story who were real POW's, but not there at that time, even deny it. So I don't think anyone can really run with it.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

mickbr wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:44 am She was a political idiot, she got photoed on the AA gun no doubt, the rest of the story apparently isn't true. The guys in the story who were real POW's, but not there at that time, even deny it. So I don't think anyone can really run with it.
Fact. She aided and abetted the enemy. That's treason. She should be tried and if found guilty offered a blindfold the shot.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:56 pm
mickbr wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:44 am She was a political idiot, she got photoed on the AA gun no doubt, the rest of the story apparently isn't true. The guys in the story who were real POW's, but not there at that time, even deny it. So I don't think anyone can really run with it.
Fact. She aided and abetted the enemy. That's treason. She should be tried and if found guilty offered a blindfold the shot.
Wasn't defending her. Just said the story wasn't true, its what the OP asked in his OP.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I wont defend Jane Fonda either, as just her appearance in N. Vietnam, and her willingness to make nice with them sickened me. But the story is mostly made up, and I could never find anything to show Barbara Walters ever took Fonda to task for it? Not a fan of either woman, and wish I could show them both to be true.
Here's what Snopes says about this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jane-fonda-pows/
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I haven't ever heard her deny the story. Wouldn't most normal people deny such accusations were they not so?
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

She denied it on her website. So did the POW's the story names, Colonel Harrigan etc they said they never met her. In fact they were highly upset about their names being used for the story. Can you blame them. All they went through for their country but they will be remembered in connection with some bogus media story, thats the real crime IMO.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

COSteve wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:22 pm
  • That she was and still is an idiot is not a matter of debate.
  • That she got duped is a lie.
  • That she went to North Viet Name for the sole purpose to incite public opinion here against the war is not in question.
  • That her visit to North Viet Nam gave aid to our enemy at the time the US and North Viet Nam were at war is not in dispute.
The Constitution of the United States, Art. 3, Section 3, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war (q.v.) against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.
  • Without doubt, she is a traitor of the first order.
  • That she wasn't tried and executed upon her return to the US is a travesty.
  • That she still lives today is even worse.
  • That she was married to Ted Turner, founder of CNN (Clinton News Network), the network that today still lies about almost everything American and works tirelessly to undermine the US Administration, is no surprise.
Not sure why everyone is quoting me. I'm ex-army. The OP asked if the story was for real and I answered him, its a hoax. That's the problem with stories like this, designed to get folks hot under the collar. The actual POW's in the story get their valor misappropriated every time this surfaces, and folks too angry to do five minutes fact checking.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Mickbr, Sometimes we tend to not want to check facts if we like what we're reading. So there's nothing wrong with what you did, and probably a lot more responsible to check facts than to just hope or accept it's true.
I personally would rather not spread myths, even if I do like the story, and hope it's true. Seems like every time I forward one of these stories I like, without checking facts, some liberal immediately calls me on it, and makes me look like an idiot for not checking it first. I'd prefer correct information over sensational fiction.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I checked where I could. I never use Snopes due to their super strong left leaning bias. However, it does appear that Snopes accidentally got it right this time.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

While this particular story may be false, the photo of her above makes her treason plain to anyone but a blind person.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

COSteve wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:54 pm She stated publicly that she went to North Viet Nam for the sole purpose to show her 'solidarity with the North Vietnamese' and incite public opinion here against the war. I saw her interviewed on a TV interview back in the 70s, I think '72. I don't give a darn what people have spun about her, I saw her on TV proudly state she went there because she was against the war.

I was wounded in Cu Chi in June, 1969, spent 7 months in the hospital, and was discharged from the Army in June of 1970. She called me and every other GI a baby killer and all other sorts of vile names. I couldn't care less what any fact checker says about it either. I don't need anyone to tell me what I saw. I saw her speak the words and heard her with my own ears. I stand proudly by the truth. Jane Fonda is a Traitor. She should have been dead so long by now that no one would even remember her.

YEP - like anybody really trusts Snopes...... :evil:
Merle from PA