Spare parts kit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Muddly
Levergunner 1.0

Spare parts kit

Post by Muddly »

My 99 EG 30-30 has become my favorite breechloader. As I've stated before, her lack of use since leaving Utica in 1937 ( or 38) is remarkable. I'm pretty much a 1 gun hunter now, and am thinking a spare parts kit would be prudent. Parts will never get cheaper or more available. Don't recall reading that the Model 99 was hard on anything but buttstocks, so what would you seasoned M99 shooters recommend and where's the best place to look( Gun Parts Corp is a given).
Thanks in advance!
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Spare parts kit

Post by piller »

Numrich is another place to look.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

piller wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:33 am Numrich is another place to look.
Numrich IS Gun Parts Corp. :)

I tend to try to accumulate a spare firing pin, extractor, and small springs and screws that could be damaged or lost.

On one gun I put the spare firing pin in a hole in the butt stock. I plan to do that with my favorite 94 also. On a bolt action, I zeroed the Lyman receiver sight, then took the slide off and inletted a spot under the butt plate in case I fell and damaged the scope when out in the mountains.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

In decades of owning and shooting Savage 99's I've never had one break anything. I wouldn't bother with spare parts myself.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/