Surviving Illinois....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Surviving Illinois....

Post by AJMD429 »

So I have a patient who is a delightful, intelligent, and attractive young lady who is in her 20s, and old enough for a valid Indiana carry permit. Unfortunately, she has taken a job which requires her to eventually move to Wisconsin, and for the next few months we will have to work there and come home every couple weeks for an extended weekend. Because of her age, income, and work schedule, she drives a 'starter' vehicle which is not 100% reliable, and could leave her stranded at any given time. Therefore, both her parents and I strongly agree that she should continue to carry concealed whenever possible. However in the fascist police state known as Illinois which is dominated by corrupt Chicago politicians who claim to be 'advocates of the downtrodden' but, only really give a darn about wealthy political cronies and naive minorities reelecting them, she falls victim to Illinois HORRIBLE AND IMMORAL restrictions on concealed carry.

What do those of you who work in law enforcement recommend such a woman do to practically protect herrself while driving through Illinois at 3 a.m. alone...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Surviving Illinois....

Post by Fisher-Price »

Kimber pepper blaster?
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

A boyfriend who is a Bears tackle.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Fisher-Price wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 pm Kimber pepper blaster?
+1

I bought three of those for my youngest Daughter over 10 years ago, when (at age 24) she took a very good paying job in the Boston (Mass) area; and kept her S&W Model 37 Airweight at my home for 5 years, until she got an even better job outside Mass (in our home state).

The 1st one I used as a supervised practice for her, so she could get some little idea of it's POI, ILO just carrying it blindly.

Yeah, I knew carrying the Kimber in Mass was supposed to need a CCW permit, but we both thought it was worth the risk/fine of getting caught carrying, instead of harm coming to her.

crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

She should move to Texas!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Her head is the best weapon.....condition orange....always be ready to identify a threat.

A knife driven into the thigh will cause anyone to drop....or straight into the throat.

Just carry a gun and worry about the consequences later. ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

If she has a carry permit from elsewhere, I believe she is fine to carry IN her vehicle. Non-residents are not OK to carry outside the vehicle without an Il non-resident permit, which Im not sure have been issued yet. Id suggest she fuel up before crossing into Illinois so she doesnt have to worry about being out of her vehicle and carrying or not.

Even without a permit, she can have her gun cased and unloaded in her vehicle, loaded magazine next to the gun in the case. It can be right next to you in the vehicle so long as its cased.

Ive seen quite a lot of misinformation about Il laws. Theres a site called http://www.illinoiscarry.com/ that has some info that may be helpful.

R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶I̶N̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶c̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶r̶i̶c̶t̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶O̶K̶.̶

Edit: I looked for some of the info I saw some time back. This has some details. Note post No 12 and 13, with information from the Cook County States Attorney, and the brief from the Illinois State Police that was linked in post 13, on page 3 of the brief in particular. The State Police Brief was dated before Illinois had concealed carry, but clarified some points of common misconception regarding firearms in vehicles and that the FOID law did not apply to non-residents. There was also further info in the discussion that was more applicable to carry after the concealed carry law was passed and became more widely understood.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.ph ... opic=32024
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?