Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Petersoli Little Betsy - What Do You Think?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Steve, I have a full-sized Pedersoli Sharps and they are a very well-made rifle with a first-class barrel. I'll bet that little cutie would shoot very nicely.
Last edited by Bill in Oregon on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

As of my last count, I had about a dozen .22s- What's another 357?!
I'd prefer to see some color case or even French grey instead of that brightness.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The "Baby Sharps", like its big brother is more accurately described as a falling block single shot, rather than a lever-action... Not that most on here don't appreciate a quality single-shot. Perdersolis have a good reputation. I believe that the only limiting factor in making that a true 400 yard target rifle is the cartridge. While my Rossis are capable of 300 or maybe even 400 yards, the conditions better be just right. Errant wind puffs will tend to put shots all over the place with the bullet weights available in a .357. I have a Browning 1885 in 45 Colt, and even the heavier weights get pushed around in breezes.

But, with all that aside, its a pleasant little plinker, as I'm sure that Baby Sharps will be. And... dog-gone-it, pushing the envelope on what's feasible is half the fun of plinkin' with 'em!

BTW, welcome back Steve.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That looks fun but a bit pricey :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pedersoli once made a Sharp's in .410, always wanted one, never found one.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I almost bought the Lyman version in .22 Hornet a few months ago at a show They owner and I couldn't come to an agreement on a price and I left without it. It was a very pretty rifle and the fit and finish was fantastic. Probably should have bought it, still looking for a .22 Hornet.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've seen very few tang sights that wont fold either direction? And none that only folded forward. What sight maker makes the sight you saw that only folded forward???
Tang sights will almost all touch the wood when folded back. It's easy to protect the wood with a sleeve over the staff when folded. I had my wife sew sme up from thick felt and keep them on all my singles when I'm not shooting them.
As for the "little Sharps" you're looking at in .357 caliber, they feel odd to me. Not a full sized rifle, and feel like a youngster's gun when I shouldered and fired one a friend bought. His is a .38-55 and seems to shoot OK, but even that mild caliber has more recoil than a full sized Pedersoli in the same caliber.
Then there's the shorter, lighter barrel that doesn't seem to be quite as accurate as a big heavy barrel. The shorter sighting radius also makes iron sights less efficient, so you're giving away some things that a full sized 1874 replica will have, and paying the same or more.
Of course having another .357 rifle means you can share brass and dies. But likely the two will each have a different bullet and load preference for best accuracy, so there's not much more benefit to sharing calibers than the brass and dies. I personally enjoy having another new caliber to play with, and would go a different caliber than I already had just for that reason.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/