14.3"- when will it stop?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

14.3"- when will it stop?

Post by GunnyMack »

We have had so much rain this summer! Another 1.73" last night
3 weeks or so back one of the storms knocked the power out. My weather station batteries were dead so the previous info was lost. Since I replaced the batteries we have 14.3" of rain!
Not to mention it has been very humid, wait let me rephrase that- VERY VERY H U M I D !
The local rivers have been running like chocolate milk most of the summer. Normally the rivers are very low this time of year.
I guess I don't have to worry about my well running dry!
I really hope this pattern doesn't continue with snow!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 14.3"- when will it stop?

Post by ndcowboy »

Don't know where you are at, but here in central North Dakota we are dry, dry, dry, dry. Year two of a drought, even though this year isn't as bad as last year. Sold 40 cow calf pairs last year because of the lack of rain.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Dry here in Western Colorado. If we get rain, its enough to get the car dirty, but thats about it. Front Range has gotten alot more, but not here.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:00 am I really hope this pattern doesn't continue with snow!
Don't worry, you won't have any snow due to global warming. Just more rain. :D
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Send it out west. We need it.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It's Climate Change.....! :o
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Get your ark built, and put two of each kind of levergun you can get into it...………. ;)

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That`s a lot of rain alright, rather have rain than drought though by far.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:00 am I really hope this pattern doesn't continue with snow!
One of the many benefits of being retired. I can play in the snow instead of the snow playing me. It ain't easy being a white guy.

Yea Gunny...I hear ya. I'm just south of you. Usually at this time of the year, I'm cutting grass (4+ acres) about every 7-8 days as opposed to 5 days in the spring/early summer. In the last month I've been hitting it every 4 days and the Kubota loves to drink that diesel. It's a real PITA as I have one low area thats swampy and gets mud all over the tractor and all kinds of crud gets under the deck.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The PNW is burning up...no rain this summer and everyplace you look it's on fire. Been breathing smoke and ashes for weeks.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm sure Six will agree that we would sadly send much of this out west as we could...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I am in between six and gunny, and we have had rivers running through the streets. I heard a meteorologist on the Harrisburg station say if the rain we have had this summer we’re snow we would have over twenty feet so far.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

I really am convinced that all these weather anomalies we are seeing are because of Climate Change. No, I am not a denier.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

I agree, i say there has been global warming since the ice age, I say we are not helping it any with burning fuel of any type, just don't believe the human race is to blame in entirely, some is done by natural occurances like volcanoes and earthquakes and such.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

rossim92 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:25 am I agree, i say there has been global warming since the ice age, I say we are not helping it any with burning fuel of any type, just don't believe the human race is to blame in entirely, some is done by natural occurances like volcanoes and earthquakes and such.
I agree, and with the Kilauea volcano belching lave for the past he many months the atmosphere is chock full of ash. That allows moisture a foothold.

As for global warming, if mankind is responsible there is nothing we can do to stop it other than leave...
The planet has gone through warming and cooling before.
When the sun burns out in 4.5 billion years it won't matter much.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If the deep state would quit screwing with our weather things could get back to normal.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Kileaua has put out more "greenhouse gasses" this summer than the humans in the U.S. have done in the last 100 years. Even so, the sun's cycles of heating and cooling are more to blame for climate change than anything else.

Until it becomes a scientific law, the science on anything is not settled. Not too long ago, the theory of evolution scientists had to admit that the science to disprove it was stronger than the science to prove it. Due to it being entrenched, it is not being removed from classrooms. Once someone can either gain power, money, or both from science, it will never be totally trustworthy again. Global Warming/Climate Change all goes back to a bunch of "what if" speculation funded by DuPont when Freon 12 was about to go off patent and they wanted to force their new product on us. HFA, also known as R134A, is that product. Harder on human lungs, less effective as a propellant in asthma inhalers, less effective as a refrigerant, but hugely successful at making money for DuPont and one particular investor named Albert Gore, Jr. Climates have always changed. Ice ages and times when it was warm enough for dinosaurs have occurred without any human help.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

Piller--where are you getting the figures for the amount of stuff put out by Kileaua? I wonder who has done these measurements; they were sure 'quick' to come up with figures already.

I don't know which evolutionary biologists have admitted that the science does not support evolution. To most real biologists evolution is now considered a fact and is no longer really debatable. Maybe you should read some of the works of Richard Dawkins who is generally conceded to be the greatest living evolutionary biologist. He doesn't personally make this claim, but many others likely would on his behalf. What is the basis for your claim that biologists don't "believe" the science supporting evolution? I've been a biologist for 55+ years and have become increasing secure in my belief (based upon science) that evolution is a fact. Only a few "outliers" among the scientific community would likely agree with your statement.

One of the beautiful things about the scientific method is that it always allows for testing of hypotheses and falsification of them. This is something that is not always possible in other human endeavors. Religion comes to mind with regard to the latter. I know this will not be a popular view on this forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The Italian National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology's stuies. They have shown that previous estimates of volcanic degassing were only measured from the visible plumes, and were missing the bulk of the degassing. According to them, the previous figures were off by more than sixfold. Though they do not list the sulphur emissions as greenhouse gasses, they do have an enormous impact on global temperature. Actually, even more than just carbon dioxide. With the larger eruptions, such as Mt. St Helens causing a 1.3 degree average temperature drop from the gasses emitted, it would seem to be scientifically disingenuous to not take all the gasses and their effects-positive or negative-on planetary temperature. Greenhouses built by humans for the purpose of growing crops in a warmer environment must take into account all factors. Just looking at only 1 variable in a multi-variable equation does not solve the equation. Controlling one variable is a partial solution, and it should not be put forth as a rigid solution which should not be questioned. Even so, the revised figures from the Italian Geophysicists and Volcanologists show much higher carbon dioxide emissions than U.S. narrow scope data shows while admitting that they are still missing emissions from surrounding areas not directly in the visible magma and smoke plumes.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As far as the Theory of Evolution is concerned, can you give 1 example of a species genome being changed by natural selection to where it can be proven to have become an entirely new species which cannot be selectively bred back to the original species? Even the Aurochs was not evolved. It was interbred with other sub species of the same species and the original sub species has simply died off. They did not become another species.

Extended Evolutionary Synthesis is the updated theory of Evolution which seeks to take into account the more modern knowledge which is available to us now. Just as the Theory was updated in the 1930s to account for knowledge and data not available when Darwin was alive, there are a large number of Scientists pushing for a n update to the Theory now. The Royal College is giving a great amount of credence to this update to the theory.
D. Brian Casady