OT - New record

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - New record

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A lot of my very limited free time over the last four weeks has been consumed by preparations for the Boy Scout "Court of Honor" which we held this past Sunday. I am still active with the troop Y2K was in (he made Eagle), and in fact, he helped me out on Boards of Review and at the ceremony itself (since he is home from college for a couple more weeks). We ran Board of Review each Monday for 4 weeks straight, and other than missing one week for my cousin's funeral, I was in the thick of it. Add to that the 20 or so hours of prep for the ceremony itself.

I'm relieved it is done and went so well. The troop has grown from the 20-odd scouts when my son was a youth to just shy of 50. We handed out 238 different awards, including 27 rank advancements. This was, by far, more than we'd ever handed out at once (and this after a big Court of Honor back in March!) - truly record setting for our "little" troop. It was a great day!!! :D :D :D
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - New record

Post by Old No7 »

Congrats Jay! That’s great what you do for the scouts.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool.

Glad some Boy Scout troops are still active.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's REALLY great Jay! The news never shows the greatness of our youth concerning the scouts which to me, makes better adults from kids than any stupid sport. And of course, it could not be done without the adult leaders such as yourself.

Good deed....now get yourself a new revolver....tell the wife Sixgun ordered you to do that. :D -----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

Very Good! BP would be proud!
50 Scouts receiving 238 awards, you must have had a successful summer camp!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Real cool, great job everyone. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 pm That's REALLY great Jay! The news never shows the greatness of our youth concerning the scouts which to me, makes better adults from kids than any stupid sport. And of course, it could not be done without the adult leaders such as yourself.

Good deed....now get yourself a new revolver....tell the wife Sixgun ordered you to do that. :D -----6
Okay, you TOLD me to do it. But I bought an old one instead...

Image[/URL]

The camera on my phone doesn't do this justice. The bluing is original, and probably 95%. It was made in 1924. A safe queen up until now! :D
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Well done Sir and congratulations.
It is not the critic who counts