Gun show this weekend

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Gun show this weekend

Post by Thunder50 »

Found, to me, a holy grail of brass, 200 new pieces of old stock 218 bee brass along with 93 218 bee cases someone had sized to 218 bee improved I hope to size back to 218 bee!!!

Picked up some new WW 25-35 brass I plan on using in a 7-30 Waters, a bag of 357 max., and a bag of 358 win brass.

Oh, did I mention that I picked up a second year 1889 Marlin in 44-40???? Or, as marked, 44 W. Not much blue left, looks like someone spent alot of time with steel wool cleaning it and took most of the finsh off, mechanically sound, but the good thing is this thing has a mirror bright bore!!!! Someone cleaned it well. Looks like it was rifled yesterday, at the factory, it looks so good. Sitting in the shop with some Kroil in the bore. See how it turns out. Got some 44-40 brass at the show and had a set of Redding dies, so I think I am GTG.

Anyone load for one of these. I don't want to load it heavy, out of respect for the metal of those bygone days.

Yeah, Yeah, I know, Pics-----later
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun show this weekend

Post by GunnyMack »

Sounds like you scored!!
I lucked out and was given a bunch of primed brass many years ago. Now I think I have about 300 pieces.
I'm always keeping an eye out for 25-20!

Please post pics of your new Marlin.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool. I always but any 218 Bee and 357 Max brass I can find...!

Same for 22 TCM, 50 Beowulf, and 375 Ruger....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I was shooting mine the other their day...a 38-40, also with a bright bore and an 1891 production date. A logged 4,200 rounds. I push the bullets 11-1200......7 grains of 231 or 7.5 of Unique. 6 grains of Bullseye is also a very nice load.---6
Model A Uzi’s