Real chili version II

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Real chili version II

Post by Old Savage »

Well, version I went so well but not enough decided to go 2.0. This time dried Grajillo chiles. Again turned out great. Cooked three hrs but wife took some out about 1 1/2, said it was great over rice, black beans with cheese. Waiting myself until the reheat tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Real chile version II

Post by M. M. Wright »

Once, down in the Texas Valley, I ate some very good chili and asked the proprietor if it was venison or goat. He smiled and led me to a back window where I could see a burro in a pen. "Es burro" he said.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Real chile version II

Post by Old Savage »

Reading the history of chili I see one of the prime places would have been trail dives with tough beef, hungry guys and beans and dried chiles for flavor. So I added some black beans and put it over buttered sourdough toast ... fantastic!

Calling it trial drive chili.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Real chili version II

Post by Marlin32 »

Guajillo good, try throwing in some red ripe serrano chiles and if it were mine, I would have to toss in some piquin and or red Habanero or ghost pepper
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hmm ... some like it hot

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Chili always seems to be better as a left-over, reheated.

Now I'm hungry!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I'd never heard of cheese in chili as a kid. It wasn't till I was grown and out in the world that I discovered how nice a good goop of melted cheese can make it. I still normally just prefer mine full of banana peppers though.