Light Weight & Comfortable Ear "Muffs" (NRR 31)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Light Weight & Comfortable Ear "Muffs" (NRR 31)

Post by Old No7 »

Check these shooting "muffs" out...

They are super lightweight, very comfortable and work well for shooting -- and they aren't hot around your ears as they're not large like the typical "muffs" -- so they are ideal on a hot summer day, like today.

Half of the guys & gals that I shoot 5-Stand or Skeet with up in Rangeley were wearing these the last time out, so I figured I'd try a pair. They work great for shotgunning; shot a round earlier today, but I'll admit I haven't checked them out when any "high-impulse rifles" were being fired.

For $21 or less, you can get a "Noise Reduction Rating" of 31 Decibels, or they also have an NRR 26 model. These fit great over a hat and you don't feel like you have those large "Mickey Mouse Ears" on either. :wink:

Tight groups!

Old No7

Otis Ear Shield 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Re: Light Weight & Comfortable Ear "Muffs" (NRR 31)

Post by KWK »

Interesting, but with the guns I shoot, I feel I need plugs under muffs. These I think would be nice for .22 LR rifles or powder-puff loads in a .38.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've always used foam plugs. Bought a pair of electric muffs that I use when rifle shooting. This past winter I picked up a pair of Decibulz Percussive filters. These you put in water then microwave and custom fit to ears. They have a Db rating of 31. So far I'm very happy with them on the trap range.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have one of those Otis Ear Shields. They are not comfortable in my ears. I use foam ear plugs and Mickey Mouse ears.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I wont use anything but electronic ear muffs. I prefer being able to hear folks talk without yelling. My Caldwells aren't too heavy, but they can make my ears a little warm on hot days. I can live with that though.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vall, I bought a pair of those Caldwells when they first came out and they died a few months later. Still work OK as regular muffs. I, too, often wear foam plugs under my muffs, especially when shooting heavy kickers, as I find the audible aspect of rifle shooting can contribute to the overall sensation of recoil. Might have to give the Otis shields a tryout though.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am Vall, I bought a pair of those Caldwells when they first came out and they died a few months later. Still work OK as regular muffs. I, too, often wear foam plugs under my muffs, especially when shooting heavy kickers, as I find the audible aspect of rifle shooting can contribute to the overall sensation of recoil. Might have to give the Otis shields a tryout though.
I've had mine for 3-4 years now, and no issues Bill. I hate shooting with guys who wear ear plugs or regular muffs. They always yell at me! ;)
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/