Anybody got a real world price on a Marlin 1894p

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody got a real world price on a Marlin 1894p

Post by fordwannabe »

I bought this thing either earlier this year or last, and I just did not warm up to it. So yesterday I bought another 1894 in 44 with the 20 inch barrel. I am now going to sell the 1894 P in 44 mag and some of my friends tell me it is worth approximately a bazillion dollars and others say it is worth less than the regular 1894 in 44 so?? If anybody would know I figure this is the place.
NO! JACK YOU CANT HAVE IT....it’s to help pay for a ZIPPER that might be available in the near future.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anybody got a real world price on a Marlin 1894p

Post by 2ndovc »

Last one I saw sell on Gunbroker went for a little over $900. That was a year or so ago. I bought mine in the late '90s at a local show for $250, I put a set of Brockman sights and it's been one of my "go to" guns for a long time. When I lived out in the sticks it was always by the back door when something needed to be thumped. :D

Let us know when you put a price on it! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My guess is that it would be worth more than a regular 1894, because:

a) fewer were made
b) they were probably all pre-Remlin
c) lots of folks like short 'trapper' style leverguns
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A Marlin 1894P (ported) is worth well more than a standard Model 1894, being made for only 2 years.

I sold mine for about $800 more than 5 years ago, where the maximum number of potential buyer could have a stab at it.

If I had one to sell today, I wouldn't let it go for a dime less than $1K.

Were I you, I would put it in an online gun auction, starting at $899, and see how much more it would go for today.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Kewl. I believe a certain auction with the initials GB isin my immediate future. Unless somebody on here is interested then pm me, but don’t delay too much.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mmmmmmmmmm.........no, thank you Tom......it's not a pre-war or a gun with forged and machined everything.

Gun Marketing----------Guns of rarity are at the whim of the buyer and how many dollars he is willing to part with. A drunk guy with a recent inheritance, looking to show off, will pay $2,000 for a beat up Savage. It's really bad when TWO drunks (or guys with huge egos) are bidding against each other. A buddy of mine, who used to be a drunk, (like many of us) paid $900 for a special edition Beretta 92 at an auction that was worth about 5.

Rare guns...again.....like horses bring varying rates of dollars for the exact same item. It's how you market the gun.....use nice pictures, get many people involved....word it properly...blah..blah...blah.....many times a big name auction is the place to sell hard to get guns. Put it on Gunbroker, set a reserve, explain the gun with 100% honesty.....and see where it goes.

You can also use the common sense approach......if you want to move the gun.......take an average of what a certain gun goes for and ask 5-10% less and you will have quick money. When I sell stuff here I blow it out as it's not worth the aggravation to high dollar advertise it and barter back and forth. It's all where your head is and how bad you want to move it. There's and old saying,

"I'd rather have a fast nickel than a slow dime."

The 99.9% Zipper? That will bring a fast quarter.....it's yours..... in time, along with the Bee and the 95% 1894 in 32-40. :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Faint :shock:can I setup a payroll deduction like my car payment?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:33 pm Faint :shock:can I setup a payroll deduction like my car payment?
Yes, you can. I'll have my people contact your people. As always, cash is king.----Mr. 6. :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

When Marlin quit making the 1894P I found a nice LNIB one at a semi local but mostly high priced shop . Against my better judgement I bought the thing for $425 OTD I would say that was 10-12 years ago if not a couple earlier . I used it a bit killed a deer or two with it and sold it 2009-2011 sometime . Sold it on Gunbroker for almost $900 and that was atleast 7 years ago . Maybe I caught the market at a really good time I dunno but that’s what I got ! All I can say is I wish I had it and about sixty others back so I could sell them again 👍🏻 Sixer gave good advice about GB except I wouldn’t set a reserve , whatever the price was you might use as a reserve I’d start it right there . That cuts down on the stupid questions from the tire kicking crowd . And believe me of this I do know , 75% of our gun sales are through GB although we sell out of the shop and thru Gunsinternational as well .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thank you. As I haven’t had an offer from anybody on here, I am planning on posting it this week.