New SSA Made In The USA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

New SSA Made In The USA

Post by Pete44ru »

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: New SSA Made In The USA

Post by AJMD429 »

Boy it's purty, but for that price I could get a Ruger or FAA, and send it to Turnbull or Bowen to make it mighty nice, and it would STILL be 'made in America'.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

^^^ That's true, but based on the description, it seems that their goal is to produce a SAA that is indistinguishable from an original Colt. At least that's how I interpret it. And based on the price, it is under the going rates for NIB Colt 3rd Generation revolvers.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Looks real nice, thanks for showing it. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Nice looking gun, I was not aware of that company, glad to see another American company
making quality guns from the past. I've got a few guns from Italy but sure prefer American
made any day of the week. Congratulations
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Ruger isn't even comparable to what this is. Freedom Arms Premier Grade start at $2800.

I would be interested if it was offered in a different caliber. I only wish I bought a USFA when they were still in business.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Doesn't sound like that price is out of line for the amount of hand fitting and finishing involved. I was just about to spend about $2K to replace my Bowen Super Black Hawk, not including the cost of the revolver to be worked on. I would also like to see on in .44-40, hopefully they will have some success with these and add some more calibers.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, very nice looking gun, and made in America. But being retired and on a pension, if I were to save up, I'd get the real thing. Gun Genie has a Colt SSA for just a little more (about $100.00)...

In the mean time I'll just shoot my "economy" Cimarron SSA. I can pretend it's a Colt when I cock the hammer I hear C, O, L, T...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

jdad wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 am Ruger isn't even comparable to what this is. Freedom Arms Premier Grade start at $2800.

I would be interested if it was offered in a different caliber. I only wish I bought a USFA when they were still in business.
Plus a FA gun isn't stoned, you pay extra for that from them. And I too wish I'd have got a USFA when they were still making guns.
35 Whelen
Levergunner

Post by 35 Whelen »

mikld wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:10 am Yep, very nice looking gun, and made in America. But being retired and on a pension, if I were to save up, I'd get the real thing. Gun Genie has a Colt SSA for just a little more (about $100.00)...

In the mean time I'll just shoot my "economy" Cimarron SSA. I can pretend it's a Colt when I cock the hammer I hear C, O, L, T...
The "real" thing is over-buffed, over-sprung, over-hyped and over-priced. Other than CCH, your Cimarron gives up nothing to 3rd Generation Colts. But, if you insist on buying a revolver with the little pony stamped on the right side of the receiver, I have a NIB 5 1/2" .44 Special I'll gladly sell for the price of a new Standard SA. Just PM me!