Fordwannabe's Rifle Pics....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Fordwannabe's Rifle Pics....

Post by Blaine »

Beautiful rifle, Tom.... :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71836 <---BackStory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blaine on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Fordwannabe's Rifle Pics....

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting Blaine, indeed a beauty.... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Yes it is a beauty, are those notches on the right side of the wrist? I reckon it must be a .22, looks like a good rabbit gun.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tom always gets the nice stuff.......but....what I see in those pictures is that mean car that left smokin' tires on my driveway that the streaks are still there. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JerryB wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:01 pm Yes it is a beauty, are those notches on the right side of the wrist? I reckon it must be a .22, looks like a good rabbit gun.
It looks to be an early Marlin .22, But IDK if it's a Model 1891 or a Model 1892.

VERY nice gun !

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pete44ru wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:19 pm
JerryB wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:01 pm Yes it is a beauty, are those notches on the right side of the wrist? I reckon it must be a .22, looks like a good rabbit gun.
It looks to be an early Marlin .22, But IDK if it's a Model 1891 or a Model 1892.

VERY nice gun !

Tom says it's a 97....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm Tom always gets the nice stuff.......but....what I see in those pictures is that mean car that left smokin' tires on my driveway that the streaks are still there. :D ---6
Good score, Tom. If you did burn that patch........IF......it probably was only cause you were trying to escape with that sweet rifle before ole Six got it away from you. :D
Seems to me, last time I was there, there was a big 2 wheel patch out front. I think Six blamed you for that one, too! Something is fishy. I bet Six is hiding some cool muscle car around there somewhere. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

OldWin wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Sixgun wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm Tom always gets the nice stuff.......but....what I see in those pictures is that mean car that left smokin' tires on my driveway that the streaks are still there. :D ---6
Good score, Tom. If you did burn that patch........IF......it probably was only cause you were trying to escape with that sweet rifle before ole Six got it away from you. :D
Seems to me, last time I was there, there was a big 2 wheel patch out front. I think Six blamed you for that one, too! Something is fishy. I bet Six is hiding some cool muscle car around there somewhere. :D
Well you know how he is collecting things, probably a AMC Javelin
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Ha! I wish......I USED to have a '68 Firebird for about 20 years with the overhead cam 6 cyl with the 4 barrel carb option. Ran like a small block Chevy. One day about 7 or 8 years ago my son shows up in the driveway...from Colorado...with a car carrying trailer......I told him it was an early inheritance gift.......Then there was the 350 69 Camaro....beater...got rid of it. The best was the '68 RS/SS Camaro with the 350/300 hp. Car was beautiful..low miles....not a mark on it and I sold it for $750...but that was 1974 when they were all over the place. :D

I had to get special security people to install technology that detects Buffalo coats in case I'm not around but I usually am..not having much of a life since I got semi-old.

Thinking of calling Tom and offering him that like new 336 Marlin in .219 Zipper...one of about 3000 made. Wait 'till he hears what I want for it. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Wait,wait, wait, did I hear you say the Zipper?
And yes it is a model 97.
Hey Jack you said light em up so...it is sooo easy in that car, as you saw.
MANY THANKS, BLAINE FOR POSTING THE PICS.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice looking rifle. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice looking rifle.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I like the rifle and the pony!
What year is the pony?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

It’s an 09. Has a 4.6 with a few mods, headers,cold air intake,injectors, and what looked like a 12 year old kid inside it with his laptop. I watched him push buttons and run it on the dyno, watching the numbers get bigger with each key stroke.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fordwannabe's Rifle Pics

Post by fordwannabe »

Just in case you were wondering that 97 shoots as good as it looks with CCI standard velocity :D