Aw krap!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Aw krap!

Post by GunnyMack »

So I ran out of #4 brass screws, need 4 to finish a project. Jump in the truck and head for my local hardware joint. As I get on the state highway I hear a strange pop...hmm that's odd.
Then I hear something bounce around the wheel well.
Next thing I know the tire pressure warning starts to flash.
I pull into where I'm headed, tire down to 17 psi. Yup I can hear air leaking. A few choice adult words were uttered.
The guys that run the shop were nice enough to let me change the tire on their loading dock, offered me tools and compressor.
I got the offending hunk of steel out of the tire. It was one handle off needle nose( I guess) pliers!
Well I got one hole plugged, put air in it and still leaking! A second hole right on the corner of sidewall!
Great now I need a tire so $170 bucks later I have the 4 screws I needed, had to get stainless since there were out of brass- talk about adding insult to injury!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Aw krap!

Post by Pitchy »

Way of the world, never ends, as they say can always be worse who in the heck needs worse huh. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I usually like finding lost tools...sorry Gunny
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
I was up your way the other day and I had a broken pair of pliers so I just winged em out the window. Glad you found em. :D

On a serious note, those things suck....be glad you were in civilization........they suck even more when your 20 miles from the nearest gas station as happened to me twice......I carry a full kit to repair tires (as long as it's not a sidewall) including a fairly decent air compressor that hooks up to the battery and not those 10 cent ones that plug in th cigarette lighter.

Yea, I have a spare but it's just no fun 4 wheeling/hunting with a spare that's flat as a pancake.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Six I've been in the boonies with tire trouble, along the lines of 150 miles from a tire joint!
Up I Quebec I happened to cut a sidewall on a spruce tree some knuckleheaded canuk cut on an angle. My trying to stay out of a very deep puddle and pungy stake dont add up to much fun!
Now here's the kicker- big deal it's a flat however my jack broke after about 2" of lifting.Being a screw jack and the screw breaks you are about SOL. but one of our group came along behind us so we used his jack and then his jack broke so we couldn't lower the truck- ya cant make this stuff up!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Always happens to me when it's 4 degrees out!
The only extended warranties I've ever bought into was for tires and rims. Being in the construction/ restoration world you never know what to expect. it's paid for itself more than once.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Look at it this way, GunnyMack -- you went out to get screwed and you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
On your Canuck trip....yea...Murphys law.

My dad used to tell me that back in the 1930's, when he was a kid traveling with his pop, it was nothing to fix a tire 2 or 3 times going into town 20 miles away.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It just wasn't your lucky day.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bought a car last Tuesday only had 36,000 on the clock, clutch went on Thursday. Krap krap krap.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Whomever you bought it from must have been hard on the clutch.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:27 am Whomever you bought it from must have been hard on the clutch.
A young girl I believe...... :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Ran over a chuck steak bone once, went through a 12x16 HD tire like a hot knife through butter. Now you know how they killed Mammoths with a stick....