I did a bad thing !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

I did a bad thing !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Started about six weeks ago when I bought a CZ 527 Varmint in 6.5 Grendel . Well today I saw where CZ did a limited run of 527 Varmints in 222 REM one of my long time favorites . So I bought one 🙄 and a nice used Leupold 24x and 500 Berger 52 grainers and 100 pieces of Lapua brass and last but not least a set of Burris medium rings for the 527 .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I did a bad thing !

Post by gcs »

Nice... going old school huh, lol
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Way cool!

The .222 Remington has been seriously overshadowed by the .223/ 5.56, I'm guilty of buying a new AR varmint rifle that I decided I really needed. However, some of the best shooting I've ever done is with a Sako my dad gave me when I was 16. I've knocked a pile of critters with this thing and when I had my last place out in the middle of nowhere, OH I shot it 3-4 time a week. One of those guns that if you can see it, you can hit it. Mine only like 50 grain bullets, any deviation from that will result in groups that go from 3/4" of an inch to 2-3". I have a 100 yd target around here somewhere that has 5 rounds into less than 1/2"!

Have fun, can't wait to hear how it shoots. The CZs are every bit as good as the Sako's, in my experience.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have never fired anything in 222 Remington. It has always been known as an accurate and mild round. I would like to try that CZ in 222 out on a prairie dog town.

Now I am going to be looking for one. Dang it! There goes that overtime money.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

my buddy had one of those. he lived on a ten acre farm, when deer came to eat the tops out of soybeans he would pluck one from the back porch, I wish I had it , he sold all his guns before passing and i didn't know about it :cry:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I fail to see anything bad about any of this!

Then again, we are all masters-level enablers here! :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

2ndovc wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 pm Way cool!

The .222 Remington has been seriously overshadowed by the .223/ 5.56, I'm guilty of buying a new AR varmint rifle that I decided I really needed. However, some of the best shooting I've ever done is with a Sako my dad gave me when I was 16. I've knocked a pile of critters with this thing and when I had my last place out in the middle of nowhere, OH I shot it 3-4 time a week. One of those guns that if you can see it, you can hit it. Mine only like 50 grain bullets, any deviation from that will result in groups that go from 3/4" of an inch to 2-3". I have a 100 yd target around here somewhere that has 5 rounds into less than 1/2"!

Have fun, can't wait to hear how it shoots. The CZs are every bit as good as the Sako's, in my experience.

jb 8)
Over the years I’ve owned two Sako’s chambered for the 222 . The first was a square bolt 24” Mannlicher stocked rifle and the second was a 20” vixen Mannlicher . I wish I had them both back .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:02 pm I have never fired anything in 222 Remington. It has always been known as an accurate and mild round. I would like to try that CZ in 222 out on a prairie dog town.

Now I am going to be looking for one. Dang it! There goes that overtime money.
The first centerfire gun I ever fired was a Remington 722 in 222 REM that belonged to my maternal grandfather , he bought the gun new in 1958 . I have it now . Over the last 45 years I’ve owned two Sako’s and six Remington’s that were chambered for the 222 . Of the six Remington’s all were BDL Varmint Specials except the 722 .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CZ used to make a Mannlicher stocked version of the 527 in 222 REM and I had thought several times of getting one then they stopped a year or two ago . So then I had thoughts of a 1533 Anschutz or maybe a Sako Vixen Mannlicher . Now I see on Gunbroker that they’ve atleast made a special run of 527 FS’s in 222 REM . This CZ thing may just turn into a trifecta 🙄
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I’ve had the 222 for over a week and haven’t shot it yet . I did mount s nice old Leupold BR 24x scope , set the regular trigger at 1 1/2 pounds and the set at 8 ounces . Also got 100 pieces of new Lapua for the 222 and about 1000 Berger Match bullets . Maybe next week ! Incidentally got Lapua brass for the Grendel and another 100 for the 260 . Gotta get that stuff when it’s on sale . Kinda gotten over the idea of a CZ 527FS in 222 , really don’t have a regular use for it and plus I ran across another Parker I want that’s quite a bit more cost wise then the 527FS 🙄