The Range Is Hot !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

The Range Is Hot !

Post by Pete44ru »

If a fire breaks out at the gun range, what do you yell ? . :mrgreen:

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Range Is Hot !

Post by Pitchy »

:lol: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

About 12 years ago I was at a "local" sporting clays range when multiple fire companies showed up and chased us off the range. Seems someone was shooting a 50 cal and decided to shoot tracers into a pile of old tires. Seems red phosphorous and synthetic rubber dont play well together!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We had that experience. Tracers in dry brush. The culprits took off. Attempt was made to put it out. Eventually 40 trucks and two helicopters showed up. It was contained to a few acres in a large bowl. I think the fire outfits bilked about $11,500. We yelled fire.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Pete44ru wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm .

If a fire breaks out at the gun range, what do you yell ? . :mrgreen:

CHOCOLATE !

anybody remember the Smothers brothers bit about falling into a vat of chocolate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSmqYSVVpTM

Jack
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

not quite as big a deal.but a certain levergunner y'all know also likes to shoot black powder cartridge shotguns. So one friday he drags his handsome, smiling self down to the club for the weekly trap practice round. Now most of these guys use high end shotguns that cost more than my truck. I unload a nice old Richards double of mine and blah blah blah first round starts, it's my turn and I let fly with a load of holy black, birds shattered and people start making noise. I honestly think they are impressed with the fat guy with the old time gun shattering the birds. I am smiling and nodding, thinking I am hot stuff. I pull my muffs off, they ain't all excited for me...they are yelling fire. Seems my fiber wads had set the lawn on fire and ...they were piiiiiissed. Seems as if It ain't proper to set people's grass on fire during trap practice. SEVERAL people came over to make sure.I got that.point. POOPs. Well I had fun and the increase in their heart rate was probably good for the old bastads. :o
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 pmSeems someone was shooting a 50 cal and decided to shoot tracers into a pile of old tires. Seems red phosphorous and synthetic rubber dont play well together!
Someone with tracers (probably 5.56 in an AR) set fire to the shredded-tire backstop at the brand-new indoor range in Beech Grove, IN four years or so ago, totally DESTROYING the place. It was the only decent class-III range and shop in the area I know of. The did re-open recently as far as the shop, but not the range. :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mturbo
Levergunner

Post by mturbo »

Going to get up to 114 here today. It's 3:am now and still 91 out. So yes, the range is going to be HOT today!! :twisted:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We shot tracers in the Army. Yes, we sometimes had to put out fires. The tear gas grenades and the smoke grenades we had shot out flames as well as smoke. They always started fires.

Anyone who shoots tracers on a civilian range should be slapped upside the head.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

Last time they had a machine gun shoot at the range I belong to they participants where told no tracers . Of course one or more of them claims to not have got the memo, but it was right there on the form they had to sign. Anyhow started the brush on top of berm on fire and local VFD came out to put it out. No more full auto shoots allowed. Which is fine by me.