The Magnificent Seven

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

The Magnificent Seven

Post by FWiedner »

I am unable to recall whether anyone had recommended this movie from 2016. Apologies if I missed that thread.

I was ready for a big stinky dish of politically correct and must admit being pleasantly surprised.

Has Denzel Washington in the lead, and IMO, it was worth the time spent watching.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The Magnificent Seven

Post by veeman »

I enjoyed it.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

The first one was a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic. The last was a third-rate remake of a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic...
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Pisgah wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:21 pm The first one was a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic. The last was a third-rate remake of a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic...
+1.
I put it back in the return envelope after less than 5 minutes.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pisgah wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:21 pmThe first one was a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic. The last was a third-rate remake of a second-rate remake of a Japanese classic...
That's what I expected... but it isn't what my assessment of the movie I watched. Actually, I enjoyed it more than the Japanese classic. (But I neither speak Japanese, or enjoy subtitles).
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I actually enjoyed both versions. I thought the characters in the 3rd were actually very well done. I especially enjoyed chris pratt and the Apache (i forget his name at the moment).
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I thought the Yul Brynner version was much better.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

gundownunder wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 am I thought the Yul Brynner version was much better.

Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter, James Coburn and Horst Buchholz - one of the classiest crews that was put together.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gundownunder wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 am I thought the Yul Brynner version was much better.
It was, but this new one wasn't bad - and it is nice to see Hollyweird making westerns again.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I enjoyed all of them for what they were, period westerns. The new one has more modern action, liked the characters. They are not epic movie ballads that will live forever, just good entertainment.

I have and enjoy the Japanese Seven Samurai as well.

Don