Henry lever 410 carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Henry lever 410 carbine

Post by barbarossa »

I have a chance to pick up one of the henry lever 410 carbines and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.I use to have a winchester 9410 with the 24inch barrel both sold to it a while back to finance another gun I really wanted.I would have preferred the longer barrelled version with the choked barrel but I figure if I need to I could put a screw in choke on the gun .My primary use for the gun would be rabbit hunting
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Henry lever 410 carbine

Post by Blaine »

If they would make those in 20ga I'd snap one up.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm If they would make those in 20ga I'd snap one up.
Go get a Winchester Model 12. The 20's are still affordable and one of the best shotguns ever made. If you're out for small game it's almost cheating!

My dad gave me one when I was 11, after I figured out how to lead a running rabbit I never missed again!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2ndovc wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:46 pm
BlaineG wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm If they would make those in 20ga I'd snap one up.
Go get a Winchester Model 12. The 20's are still affordable and one of the best shotguns ever made. If you're out for small game it's almost cheating!

My dad gave me one when I was 11, after I figured out how to lead a running rabbit I never missed again!

jb 8)
I've always prefered SxS hunting shotguns. My one pump is the 870 Tactical 12 ga....I hope I never have to shoot it :o
A 20ga Henry would just be a whim.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

the marlin book shows a marlin old model 1895 in 20 gauge ! probably a factory one of a kind. very appealing.

Kessler made a lever action 20 back in the early 50's I finally snagged one at an auction for 250 $ , not as sleek and nice or well balanced as the marlin 410 lever guns made on the model 93 action back in the late 1920's

the turks are making modern looking lever action shotguns that are popular in Australia, though I don't know if they make it in 20 gauge
cable
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

barbarossa wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:23 pm I have a chance to pick up one of the henry lever 410 carbines and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.I use to have a winchester 9410 with the 24inch barrel both sold to it a while back to finance another gun I really wanted.I would have preferred the longer barrelled version with the choked barrel but I figure if I need to I could put a screw in choke on the gun .My primary use for the gun would be rabbit hunting
It would be fun to play with. Check your state laws regarding rabbit hunting. Don't get caught with an unplugged shotgun during dove season or waterfowl season.
The plug must be incapable of removal through the loading end. That means the plug would have to be within the inner magazine tube. The easy way would be to have two inner tubes, one for fun at the range and one for hunting.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Good to see a competitor with Rossi for the .410 levergun game.

I sure like my Rossi, and my old 9410 wasn't too bad.

But I must agree... if someone would upgrade it tp 20 ga and then stare te-making a decent 1910 12ga clone....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm sure if you do a search on Youtube you'll find a few videos.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

765x53 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:39 pm
Check your state laws regarding rabbit hunting.

Don't get caught with an unplugged shotgun during dove season or waterfowl season.

While some states may have a 3-shot limit for small game, AFAIK rabbits are fair game with a full capacity magazine - I'd be sure to leave my Federal Duck Stamp at home while small game hunting, though.

barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I bought the Henry and I can t wait til it arrives.As far the the 3hot limit goes the gun comes with the regular mag tube and one that allows for only 3 shots in the gun