For friends who listen to NPR....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

For friends who listen to NPR....

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0qyeFVf7bg

I think this might actually be something the naïve people who think NPR is 'objective' might actually listen to. It might educate them....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: For friends who listen to NPR....

Post by Blaine »

I know, I know....Hate their politics, but they own the only Classical FM and Jazz station around here. :oops:
For real Old Time 20s - 50s music try www.kbrd.org They stream on the net.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

I listen to them on my drive to work in the morning. Never for a second believed they were anything other than another leftist media outlet. But it's better than listening to the other stations talking about who's dating who or the best way to style your man bun for the summer.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always laugh at my friends who say "the commercial stations aren't as objective - because they are sponsored by Big Business..."

1. Archer Daniels Midland, Exxon, Enron, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG, and many other CORRUPT 'big businesses' have been NPR sponsors over the years.
2. The U.S. Government is the single-biggest 'big business' in the world, and is THE sponsor of NPR.
3. Most politically-polarizing issues these days are involving to what degree government should intervene and control a given topic.

So..... the NPR stations are partly supported by corrupt big businesses, and partly supported by a HUGE corporation which has a vested interest in one side of the issue.

Go figure.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Listen to NPR ?

In Texas?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Yeah, NPR is just as one-sided and prone to distortion as Fox, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC...
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

With apologies to Mark Twain .... If you do not listen to the news you are uninformed. If you listen to the news you are misinformed.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I listen to a lot of NPR, but draw my news from many sources. One of my favorite NPR affiliates is KTEP out of El Paso, which features a nice mix of daytime jazz and content from the Texas Standard. But my main source is KRWG out of New Mexico State University in Las Cruces just because I receive their signal so well.
I'd say this, regarding any news source. There is no single source that is without some kind of bias or other. They all have their own spins, myths and blind spots. If you find yourself really loving a news source so much that you really believe you can "trust" it, you have taken your blinders off and have already drunk the Kool-Aid.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Same here in Hawai'i NPR on same station as evening Jazz so it is saved.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31