My New Browning 300 Win Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

My New Browning 300 Win Mag

Post by daisygordoninc »

This will be my backup gun this fall for moose and bear. Happy to have a 300 Win Mag in lever action.
Anyone had any experience with one of these. Have not been to the shooting range yet, will go soon.
IMG_0137.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Re: My New Browning 300 Win Mag

Post by daisygordoninc »

I bought it on Gun Broker for 599.00, it seems almost new, but of course as I said I have not
shot it yet. I took a scope from another gun. I don't even know anyone who has one so I'm
hoping someone will have some first hand info. on it.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Once upon a time I wanted a pair of BLR’s a 270 WSM and a 325 WSM . Had visions of them handling anything I wanted to tackle , but after I fondled a couple I changed my tune . They didn’t feel right to me for some reason .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have bunches of BLRs, as in 15 or so. Most are 308 or 243 but there is the occasional 30-06 has managed to creep in. I love the shorter actions and they are plenty for whitetail hunting. Which is what we use them for. They are very accurate and very smooth in operation. But, I've had a few of them which exhibited very rough chambers which caused very difficult extraction. In fairness these rough chambers occurred in Belgian made or very early Japanese examples. I think Miroku has solved this problem. Just don't ever take one apart to the point of removing the gears as re-timing one is quite challenging.

Magazines are extremely expensive but lately I've seen some aftermarket ones that are less expensive. Also some are being made that hold more cartridges.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I had one in 7mm mag that had the steel receiver which shot very well. I traded in for one in 300 short mag , but it had an aluminum receiver and kicked more than the 7mm Mag. I got rid of it because it was not pleasant to shoot. My BLR in 308 is one of my favorite whitetail guns, carries like a 30-30 but with more punch.