An awesome Winchester!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

An awesome Winchester!

Post by wvfarrier »

I was shooting with some friends the other say and a neighbor of his came over with a lever that ive never seen but MUST HAVE!!! A Winchester Deluxe Takedown in 357 mag. That he had just gotten. I wasnt able to love on it as much as i wanted and he wasnt willing to sell. Did an online search and found a couple in 45 Colt as well.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx? ... I534257137
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: An awesome Winchester!

Post by J Miller »

Yikes!!!! That price is out of sight ridiculous for a Japanese made copy.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

J Miller wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:39 am Yikes!!!! That price is out of sight ridiculous for a Japanese made copy.

Joe
Hi, Joe!

OK, let's suppose that Winchester had ever made such an item in the U.S. What do you think the price might be for one now?
Just stirrin' up trouble! :P
Have you hugged your rifle today?
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

The new '73's are really looking great! I want one of the Deluxe Sporting models. http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx? ... I534259141
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

J Miller wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:39 am Yikes!!!! That price is out of sight ridiculous for a Japanese made copy.

Joe
Winchesters haven't been Winchesters since 1880.
Colts stopped being Colt's in 1862. And, with two brief exceptions, Brownings have never been Brownings.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was listening to a video the other night about these. The 92 they are putting out now has a tang safety and I assume a rebounding hammer. The '73 has neither. I'm just not sure I can justify the price. I have been considering a Ruger #1 in .30-30 though.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I've got one of those 1873 Miroku Winchesters in 357 and I like it. Only issue I have run into so far is the COAL of my loads with Keith bullets is too long to let the lifter come up freely. I'll fix that the next batch I reload.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I found a Jap Winchester ‘92 long round barrel in 357 mag with the tang safety for $800 in new unshot condition, but no box. Love the gun.
Owen
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Wow ... seems like they may finally be capitalizing on the desirability of B92's in 357. Both now being Miroku's.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Pepe Ray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pepe Ray »

I have no problem be leaving that the Japanese Winchesters are very well made, and probably worth their price, but I have several Rossi's and am completely satisfied with them, Call me cheap, call me easy. call me HAPPY.
Pepe Ray
Jesus is the way.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I saw one yesterday in Cabela's. It's a beautiful gun. The price stunned me enough that I don't really remember it, but the figure $1899 seems to me significant. Honestly, it didn't seem a ridiculous price while looking at it, but my pocketbook makes it only something pretty to admire.