No, no, not "heading out the door...."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

No, no, not "heading out the door...."

Post by AJMD429 »

If I were his attorney, I think I would have said "What my client meant to say was "I thought they were going to get another weapon and attack me again..."

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/22/n ... -guy-sure/

I'm sure Azell and Demond were upstanding young men.

(...nice Christian names, don't you think.... :D )

Honestly I don't think it's smart (legally or otherwise) to go after a 'fleeing' burglar:

- you still might get shot
- they will have next-of-kin with
- - lawyers,
- - guns, and
- - sympathetic 'news' media.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: No, no, not "heading out the door...."

Post by FWiedner »

I'd agree to an extent, but if you do choose to pursue for, say... observation purposes, and they continue to shoot at you... ?

A fellow has a right to defend himself.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Honestly I don't think it's smart (legally or otherwise) to go after a 'fleeing' burglar:
I agree, but if someone's not where they're not supposed to be and not doing what they shouldn't be doing, the issue never comes up. No sympathy here.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

claybob86 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am
AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pmHonestly I don't think it's smart (legally or otherwise) to go after a 'fleeing' burglar:
I agree, but if someone's not where they're not supposed to be and not doing what they shouldn't be doing, the issue never comes up. No sympathy here.
Yeah, no sympathy for Azell and Demond on my part...two less violent thieves in the world.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Personally, I think Cops should start withdrawing from the pursuit if the goblin is Black. And, make sure the press and the neighborhood knows why. pee on a society that rewards criminals and dumps on Cops.We deplorables can more than likely defend our own.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:18 pm Personally, I think Cops should start withdrawing from the pursuit if the goblin is Black. And, make sure the press and the neighborhood knows why. pee on a society that rewards criminals and dumps on Cops.We deplorables can more than likely defend our own.
I've talked to several cops who say they will confront and pursue (when appropriate) criminals, but if they are "Afro-American" they tend to let them run or get away with more. Statistics evidently back that up, in that a higher percentage of non-blacks who get violent with cops wind up getting shot. In other words, cops give at least some 'allowance' (right or wrong) for the FACT that U.S. blacks tend to be more mouthy and violent when approached by police. Sadly, our Democrat Party created a 'welfare-state' which has led to U.S. 'blacks' being far more violent and confrontational when approached by a police officer, versus other demographics. And it isn't just a "black thaing" either - several cops have also told me that AFRICAN blacks (i.e. ones actually from Africa) are just as polite as caucasians or asians when asked for I.D. or to step out of a car or to "halt" (the latter groups also far less often try to run from police). It is only the entitlement-minded ANTIFA/BLM types who are always LOOKING for a fight, and LOOKING to 'create' an example of 'raaaacism'.... :roll: