new weapons cache discovered....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

new weapons cache discovered....

Post by Ray »

550 + guns seized in auga dulce, california.....
th.jpg
seems like a good start of a modest collection but where's the ammo ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: new weapons cache discovered....

Post by Nath »

:D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If he has them, others can't use them.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Hmmm - 3 locations raided (under search warrant), a 60-year old convicted felon arrested, and the woman at one of the locations is in the wind. :roll:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/loca ... 41321.html

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't know what he was doing with those firearms (other than 'collecting' them), but if he was obtaining them to use himself for a violent crime, he kind of over-purchased in terms of quantity. If he was obtaining them to sell to criminals, he shouldn't have brought all those bolt-action rifles, and should have focused on handguns, as I don't think bulky, slow-firing bolt-actions are practical for most criminal use.

I also wonder what his felony record is from; some 'felonies' are not things that really should prohibit firearms possession for life.

"Agents are working to trace where the weapons came from, according to the sheriff's department, which reported that Fernandez was booked on suspicion of being a felon in possession of firearms, possession of an assault rifle, being a felon in possession of ammunition and possession of large capacity magazines."

The two underlined 'crimes' are ones most of us on the forum could be arrested for at any time, if the states we live in pass laws emulating California, of if the Democraps gain seats in the federal legislature... :|
...then after we are 'felons' due to those two items, the other two things (mere possession of any firearms or ammunition) become felonies as well.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Here in Pennsylvania and I hear, Texas......that's a beginners collection.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, that was a few miles down the road from here.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

I have trouble remembering the difference between a weapons cache and a gun collection.
I've probably lived in New England too long. :(

Jack
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I saw that the other day but didn't get to post it before I had to catch a plane...

Here's a Link to the news story (click for link) which also includes these quotes...

* A recent survey of firearm ownership worldwide found there are more guns than people in the United States — or “enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over,” as The Washington Post’s Christopher Ingraham reported. Gun ownership is more heavily concentrated in fewer households, however:

* A separate Harvard-Northeastern study published in 2016 found that 3 percent of American adults own half the nation’s firearms. Combined with the latest Small Arms Survey estimate, that would mean that 3 percent of American adults own nearly one-quarter of the world’s civilian firearms stockpile. It’s worth noting, however, that the Harvard-Northeastern study, which was based on a survey of gun owners, estimated a much lower number of guns in circulation: 265 million as of January 2015.

How's your collection coming?!? :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Didn't realize I had a "weapons cache"? I always call it a collection. But I guess it depends on who looks at it, and what their knowledge is too?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Old No7 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:20 am It’s worth noting, however, that the Harvard-Northeastern study, which was based on a survey of gun owners, estimated a much lower number of guns in circulation: 265 million as of January 2015.
I wonder how many gun owners simply ignore such surveys. I mean, some random stranger calls up, "Hi, we're doing a survey for some Yankee school project. How many guns do you own?" What would YOUR reaction be? Mine would probably be "Click". From my travels around the US of A it is obvious that there's a much higher percentage of gun owners than many suspect, at least west of the Mississippi. Weapons turn up in the strangest households and come out for "Show and tell" when folks find out I'm a shooter. Even when stumbling upon the occasional liberal household in my travels, most have one or more firearms. But how many of them would answer a survey? I doubt more than 10% would. And with the real numbers? Even fewer. Some might say "Yeah, I've got a gun." but wouldn't finish the sentence with "In each room, between the cushions on the couch, in each pocket of the recliner, in the towel closet in the bathroom, the linen closet in the hall, in each cabinet of the kitchen and a couple dozen in the safe." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old No7 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:20 am A recent survey of firearm ownership worldwide found there are more guns than people in the United States — or “enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over,”

This statistic make me PROUD to be an American.:mrgreen:

marlinman93 wrote:Didn't realize I had a "weapons cache"? I always call it a collection. But I guess it depends on who looks at it, and what their knowledge is too?

I've always thought of a collection as something organized and with a theme (beside the fact that it goes "bang".)

I've always referred to my collection as "More like an accumulation".

As of today, I shall henceforth refer to my "accumulation" as a "Cache".

I have a weapons cache.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:05 am Six, that was a few miles down the road from here.
Fred,
I figured you had something to do with it. :D I'd like to see your collection...of the soft stuff.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OK, Palm Springs, the lovely Erin ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Supposedly American civilians own 40% of the world's civilian-owned firearms, and civilians own 85% of the firearms in the world. If true, 0.40*0.85=0.34, so we own 34% of the firearms on Earth. If just 3% of 'us' own half of the U.S. civilian-owned firearms, then just 3% of us own 17% of the firearms on Earth, or one of every six firearms on Earth.

That means 3% of 326,000,000, or 9,780,000 of 'us' (a mere 1/743rd of the world population) own a sixth of the world stock of firearms, and the other 7,274.000,000 have to share the rest.... 8)

That makes me PROUD to be an American (and a top-three-percenter, too). :mrgreen:

HOWEVER - using 393,000,000, half that is 196,500,000, owned by 9,780,000 of 'us', meaning:
>>> the average top-thee-percenters own an average of ONLY 20 guns....!!!!!

Some of you guys aren't doing your part....!!!!!!

Of course I'm sure most of the people on this forum only own a couple old leverguns and maybe a shotgun or pistol, especially if someone is doing a 'survey'. :lol:

Of course THIS is how the 'authorities' will treat a 'collection' when they find it (photo from the same news article cited in the original post): :evil:

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

This is going to be long but you gotta hear the whole thing. I was at the Oaks Pa Gun show(huge show for around here) a couple years ago and had just sold two rifles to a dealer, to finance another old rifle for my cache. I am watching my young nephews play while my brother is buying a holster for his new pistol ( he doesn't really have a cache yet, but he is getting there) when a GORGEOUS woman comes up to me and starts talking to me. Okay spidey senses on, as in 53 years it has not been common for good lookIng females to come up and start talking to me out of the blue (darn YOU FRED). She asks me how I was enjoying the show, did I see anything I wanted to buy , blah blah blah, honestly my first thought was...hookers at a Gun show? She said she was a reporter from a multimedia outlet, there goes the spidey senses again this time on full boogey. She started about why was I at the show, and question seven or eight was"" do you have any guns?", whoa sister. My response is what I figure most people do in a "SURVEY " like that...I LIED.
Well shucks Maam, I am a hunter, so I do have, a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive, (Thank you Hank) err I think I have four guns. Let me see, I have A shotgun (HAHA), A deer rifle( if I go to he ll, it will probably be because that lie is unforgivable) and a couple 22's, yup, that's it. If she had been looking at my nephews it would have blown the whole thing, because they both turned and gave me the YOU ARE LYING look only kids can give you. My brother came around, and she started asking him questions, as I rushed to get him out of there before he spilled the beans. I will not tell anybody.ESPECIALLY MRS FORDWANNABE, how many guns I have, but Four, may be a slight under estimation( if not down right insulting). She did give me a card with her name and "Journalists" on it, a quick Google search revealed her to be from AL JEZEERA magazine. I think most people will deflect, or out right lie when asked that kind of question.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am OK, Palm Springs, the lovely Erin ..
Oh Lordy! I always give credit where credit is due and California does have the best in the "soft stuff" department. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s