Have you noticed...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Have you noticed...

Post by GunnyMack »

that BMW drivers are A-holes ?
I wonder if people just instantly become an A-hole when they sign the purchase agreement or does the dealership send them to school to become one?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Have you noticed...

Post by J Miller »

GunnyMack,

I think it's something they put in the new car smell, it makes them think they are Joey Loganno clones.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
I noticed that some years back. If I'm driving at night .......and doing the speed limit.......and a car comes up on my azz it's a good guess it's a BMW. 9 times out of ten, when I get up to the stop light, well, sure enough, it's a Beemer......during the day they are not much better and when I see one on my azz I slow down about 10-15 mph under the speed limit.

I think it's because most of the owners are college educated guys (liberals) between 30 and 45 who think that just because they make a hundred K a year that everyone one else is a lowlife and they need to get out of their way.

I know it's not in my head because as soon as I go upstate in redneck territory, these issues go away.

Volvo and Benz owners are pretty much in the same class. ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I like to sneak up behind them in the ManVan when they're lolly-gagging on mountain roads. Then blow by them doing 90 something.. I usually get a few miles on them before they wind up the ponies.. then it's on for a couple of turns before they reach a wide spot... too funny, I laugh out loud...
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The difference between a BMW and a Porcupine.... the porcupine has the pri cks on the outside !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have more problems with Volvo drivers, they seem to be timid or inept so they buy a car built like a tank to protect them in their inevitable accident....
BMW drivers seem to think they have amazing driving skills and love to show off how dangerous and stupid they are.
This is just a general observation, I know that not all Volvo & BMW drivers are that bad but I try to avoid both.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:06 am I have more problems with Volvo drivers, they seem to be timid or inept so they buy a car built like a tank to protect them in their inevitable accident....
BMW drivers seem to think they have amazing driving skills and love to show off how dangerous and stupid they are.
This is just a general observation, I know that not all Volvo & BMW drivers are that bad but I try to avoid both.
BMWs on this side of the pond are not nearly as prevalent as over there. Much more of a statement here. Same with Land Rovers.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Not ALL BMW drivers are like that -- just the ones who are in training to become Tesla owners and be promoted to World Class A--holes.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

We have the Hamptons, just to the east of us, summer weekends are loaded with overpriced cars of all descriptions and people who never learned to drive cause they live in the city.
Can't drive, can't park, have zero courtesy, and think they are the epitome of human kind....sort of American Lords of the Manor. Then there are the celebrities, :roll:
a whole bunch of raving liberal bung holes!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't notice any difference between vehicle makes... but the more expensive it is, the more prevalent the syndrome is. It's especially pronounced on vehicles with NY plates. Whether it can be chalked up to the sheer exuberance at having escaped, or the very great fear of wide open space... is nearly indistinguishable. Vehicles with CA plates run a distant second. Texans seem to speed everywhere... but that might just be the need hurry to where they're going, and the rush to get back... almost as if a vote for succession comes up and they'll be held hostage in some uncivilized place, (everywhere BUT Texas).
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Truth is these days most folks loose all sense of proper conduct once they get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle or sit astride one's seat. Make and model are insignificant. Once traveling in or on a motor vehicle they seem to devolve from a civilized (well somewhat anyway) adult into a spoiled child who must be first. And, if they can't they are going to throw a temper tantrum.

Folks have forgotten that having a drivers license is a privilege not a right. Frankly, we need to take steps to removing drivers from the roads. Once the majority get the idea that you can be punished by "taking the keys away" for acting out things should get better. And if it doesn't, eventually most of the misbehaving children will be walking and the end result will be the same. Oh, plus much less traffic.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Texans ARE always in a hurry. I don't yet know exactly why. Living in Texas for 20 or so years, I can tell you that you had better drive the speed limit or get a bumber up your tailpipe. Drivers here who have a BMW or a diesel pickup with a huge aftermarket tailpipe blowing lots of black smoke will run you off the road.

I have never seen a BMW driver who could drive with any skill or courtesy. Sort of like the the kids here in Texas who show up at 18 to the Drivers License office with a letter from their Mom stating that she taught them to drive. Those kids get a license without any test. Getting them drunk only makes them better drivers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Chuck 100 yd wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 pm The difference between a BMW and a Porcupine.... the porcupine has the pri cks on the outside !
Chuck beat me to it -- I was going to say that...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Volvo? Ain't that part of a gals hoo-hah?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

M. M. Wright wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:47 am Volvo? Ain't that part of a gals hoo-hah?
No, it is the sound you make when you are making a call on the great porcelain phone.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost