phone systems question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

phone systems question

Post by AJMD429 »

We are having to separate our office phones from a system that served two different doctor's offices (and didn't work very well) who are now separating. The existing system is a voice over internet system but the Comcast internet in our building has been very unreliable, and the Comcast phone lines to the building will go out for a few hours at a time a couple days a week (sometimes internet still runs and sometimes not, which seems strange), so when patients call all they get is endless ringing or a busy signal yet nothing is coming through to our phones. We will probably hook up to the AT&T fiber optic for our internet this time. I have a couple old phone systems that simply connect to regular phone lines, and they allow something like six different incoming lines and you can transfer calls from phone to phone. They worked fine in my previous office in 2013. What exactly is it that voice over the internet systems can do to justify the complexity and expense versus regular landline type phone systems? It kind of seems like the installers just want to sell us a new system.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: phone systems question

Post by AmBraCol »

Check your email for an invite I sent you. Basically, VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phones run over the 'net instead of over landlines. This gives the opportunity for folks to have a phone where otherwise they'd be excluded as the internet now is delivered in far more places than landlines are run. Shucks, I learned a couple months ago that our landline here at the house is actually VOIP, when our 'net went down and the phone did too. Anyway, take a look at the mail sent - but check the service well as I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, just another option as you investigate. The main thing with any VOIP based system is that it depends on a GOOD and RELIABLE internet service to function properly. So look into who has the best local Internet service and get that installed first, then install the VOIP system on top of it. We run a US based VOIP line here in Coffee Country - and it works great as long as we keep our 'net system with a reliable provider here.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: phone systems question

Post by Rusty »

If the hardwire systems in your area are that unreliable maybe 3 or 4 cell phones would be a better choice. There are also Google phone numbers but they require a constant internet connection to be reliable. It's all just a WAG mind you.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.