Who has one of these?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Who has one of these?

Post by .45colt »

I bet Six has one put away to tease us... :D . https://www.joesalter.com/category/prod ... t-in-45-90
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Who has one of these?

Post by JerryB »

Now that would be something to shoot long range with!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If I remember correctly Hobie was fond of Winchester Muskets.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
lswiae
Levergunner

Post by lswiae »

The 40-82 will porbably bring a little less money than a 45-70 or 45-90 but even then, I would not be surprised to have it go over $2000, maybe even more. From the pictures, it looks like an honest rifle with maybe a little varnish added to the stock. Stock varnish does not seem to hurt value as much as re-blued metal. I have not shot one but have heard the the 40-82 is more pleasant to shoot than the 45-70. If you do shoot it much use cast bullets only (not that you have much choice) since a rifle that early does not have a nickel steel barrel. Jacketed bullets wear the early barrels very quickly.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I don't know where You're coming from but take a look at the written text........ :shock:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Wishful thinking 45 Colt.....on my part. :D The only one I ever saw was at one of my first gunshows at the George Washington Motor Lodge back in '74. I was walking the aisle .....back in those days, gunshows were ALL guns with men only in attendance.........and this guy comes walking down the aisle all excited holding this old '86 which I knew little about at the time. I asked him what was so special about it and he tells me, "young man, this is an 1886 Winchester musket and I just bought it for $900."

It's experiences like that that stood in my mind and I've educated myself on the rare variations ever since.

Never owned a Winchester musket of any model except the below pictured Winchester Low Wall Winder Musket....in the very rare chambering of .22 Long Rifle......one of the last ones made. I keep it in the barn for shooting clay birds/gongs at 150 yards. Funny thing about this rifle.....it will shoot shorts, longs and ONLY Hi-Vel long rifles due to the slower rifling of the short. Target long rifle ammo will shoot into 6" at 50 yards. Everything else goes into a half dollar.-----6

Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's pretty cool 8) Six. Thanks.