Photobucket pics are back up

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Photobucket pics are back up

Post by Malamute »

It looks like theres been a management change at photobucket. The old pics are working again, and they got rid of the guy that instituted the crazy price idea. New 3rd party links will cost, but the old pics are back on apparently. The last I heard from them they were going to charge $2 or $3 a month if you wanted to use 3rd party hosting.

Saw it here https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/ ... ck.225358/

I looked up some pics Id posted that had disappeared, they do seem to be back on now.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Photobucket pics are back up

Post by claybob86 »

I already deleted all my photos and closed the account. Won't be going back.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

claybob86 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 am I already deleted all my photos and closed the account. Won't be going back.
Ditto !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Awesome.

I wasnt endorsing PB, I'm giving notice that all the old picture threads all over the net that died when PB went spastic, and ruined all the info that people had posted, is now functional again.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I, too, have long burnt my PB bridges behind me, and have no intention of looking back.

There's just too many other fish in the sea, to have put up with the likes of PB.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I haven't had time to figure out a new website, so I will give Photobucket a second chance.

HOWEVER, the site had better not be so slow and glitchy and full of crashes as it was before, otherwise no amount of good attitude can makeup for lousy website programming.

At least my posts on Aperture Sights and the 'Night Scout' leverguns are readable now.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

After I have using "Post Image", I see no need for anything else. This site is great for internet/computer dummies like me.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Again, the point wasnt about PBs desirablity, just that all the forums and information they ruined all over the net that so many people put tons of time in, are now useful again. If people close their accounts there, they kill any pictures they ever put up and any info is lost. Thats a loss for everybody. Closing your account isnt doing anything to hurt them if you arent active on their site, if you just leave it, its probably more problematic to them than if you close it. I doubt I'll add any pics again, but dont plan on closing the account either.

So, nobody likes them, thats not the point, just saying, all the hard work people did that was lost is now working again. All over the net I find dead pic links on subjects i want to know about. They now work. So if you looked for info and found dead links, they work again, and the work people put into them isnt wasted.

Besides all the gun pics and hunting stuff here, I think Joe had some good pics with info about the differences in various years of 94s. if his account isnt closed, that info is back up and usable. Who cares if PD are jerks, the past is the past. I wouldnt recommend anyone go open an account there, but theres no point killing anything useful from the past.

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Good points. Thanks. :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks Malamute, I checked in there about a week ago to see if my pictures were still there and to see if they lowered the price for 3rd party linking and they hadn`t at that time.
I also found it so jerky I could hardly scroll through my pictures which has always been the case after they upgraded the site a couple years ago.
I`ll leave my account active with hopes someday I can use them as I have lots of pics and vids there that can`t be replaced.
Its a good thing peoples pictures are showing up that have been posted in the past though.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think theyve changed the basic charge for being able to make new 3rd party use (like posting images on forums) to about $2 or $3 per month. I didnt pay much attention to the info, was just somewhat surprised when I saw it.

Yeah, they are still wonky dealing with getting on their site, it looks like they slightly decreased the barrage of ads they throw at you. I went and looked at my page a day or so ago. No telling how it will all shake out in the future, but for now, at least all the old picture embed link stuff is working, and I hope they continue to leave it up.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

claybob86 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 am I already deleted all my photos and closed the account. Won't be going back.
Ditto for me too! Been using Imgur ever since I left PB and happy with it!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Do ANY of the sites allow one to MOVE a photo to a different organizational folder, yet retain the original link as well...? It seems like a relatively simple thing to program into a website that is essentially a large storage database. It would make it great for hobbyists who grow their photo collection so want to re-organize them periodically and not lose all the links.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I don't want to go back to Photobucket either. It was too slow and annoying.

However... I can't remember how to post pictures now using the "new" method. :oops:

Anyone care to enlighten me? :roll: