Remington model 11 12 ga.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Remington model 11 12 ga.

Post by JerryB »

My grandson stopped at a gun shop we look in once in a while. Several nice old guns, Winchester Model 12 16 ga, an Ithica single shot lever gun in 12 ga. and a Remington Model 11, a real old hump back. The finish was what you would expect for a gun that old, no safe queen. The wood looked pretty fair, not any damage and probably refinished. The Tag said 250.00 would that be a good buy ??
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Remington model 11 12 ga.

Post by retmech »

They are very dependable old guns, essentially Browning A5's. I bought one a year ago for $150. but cosmetically it was rough. No blueing, a light brown patina all over and some minor stock cracks, made in 1909. I cleaned it up, had a machinist friend open the choke from Full to Modified and I shoot it regularly at sporting clays. You won't find any auto's of that quality level for two or three times that price. Here's a thread with a picture of two of my friends and I at what we call our "Curio & Relic" shoot. That's me on the left.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... ting-clays
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for the reply and the video.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Very few shotguns naturally fit me like an Auto 5 or Model 11.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Early models have the safety inside the trigger guard. This feature bothered me a bit. I sold it.

TomF