Seems like Everybody now makes AR's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Seems like Everybody now makes AR's

Post by AJMD429 »

I know for a while it seems like many gun companies were wasting money coming out with their own variations of AR-15s, and it might have even been one of the nails in the coffin for Remington, but over the past 10 years I've noticed a huge change among gun owners in their attitude about AR-15s, and I think that is because us the overproduction we have all seen recently

Thank God for how overproduced and overstocked and low-priced AR-15s were, starting about 8 years ago when everybody under the sun was making them (or at least stamping their name on them). That got them in the hands of a lot of people who would not have been interested in buying one from an 'evil' company like Bushmaster or expensive one like Colt, so now when the anti-gunners try to panic people about the AR-15, normal people who are just occasional hobbyists and shooters, have nearly all shot AR-15s and enjoyed it, and most intelligent people now realize that AR-15s are truly the 'Modern Sporting Rifle' instead of some demonic thing we need to ban.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Seems like Everybody now makes AR's

Post by Pitchy »

I must of missed something, whats wrong with Bushmaster. :oops:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pitchy wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm I must of missed something, whats wrong with Bushmaster. :oops:
Nothing at all, but the media portrayed them as evil when their firearms were used in a few high-profile murders. After that, many so-called 'sportsmen' were saying stuff like "....well, nobody needs a gun like that to hunt with....", and the media used that to their advantage. But when "hunting-gun" manufacturers like Remington and Mossberg started producing them, the 'soft' gun-owners like that started to pick them up and look at them at gun shops and gun shows, and....started buying them, because even though they don't have any walnut or even birchwood that is checkered, and nitrided aluminum has replaced steel, once they handled one, even the stereotypic upland bird hunters wound up saying "Wow - these are COOL....! "
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I must be one of the only dozen or so people in the U.S.A. that doesn't own an AR 15 or variant.
Having shot both the AR-15 and M-16 decades ago, and not being impressed then, I still haven't gotten on the band wagon and got one.
However the more people that do own them the better.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:07 pm
Pitchy wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm I must of missed something, whats wrong with Bushmaster. :oops:
Nothing at all, but the media portrayed them as evil when their firearms were used in a few high-profile murders. After that, many so-called 'sportsmen' were saying stuff like "....well, nobody needs a gun like that to hunt with....", and the media used that to their advantage. But when "hunting-gun" manufacturers like Remington and Mossberg started producing them, the 'soft' gun-owners like that started to pick them up and look at them at gun shops and gun shows, and....started buying them, because even though they don't have any walnut or even birchwood that is checkered, and nitrided aluminum has replaced steel, once they handled one, even the stereotypic upland bird hunters wound up saying "Wow - these are COOL....! "
Got ya, thought I missed something. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

And, you'd think they would know better.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad