Speer 6mm 105 grain Spitzer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Speer 6mm 105 grain Spitzer

Post by 6pt-sika »

I just picked up 875 Speer 6mm 105 grain spritzers . I had some before that a friend gave me to try in my little Mannlicher Schoenauer MCA 243 WIN Carbine . They shot well enough for deer inside 200 yards . I got down to a few then saw a GB auction and I bought all the guy had . I’m fairly certain 875 will last me the rest of my life in that little carbine !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Speer 6mm 105 grain Spitzer

Post by piller »

Hope you and that gun can both last long enough to make good use of all of those bullets.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 pm Hope you and that gun can both last long enough to make good use of all of those bullets.
You and me both ! If I last another 30-35 years I’ll be satisfied , that’ll put me in the 86-91 area lols !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 pm Hope you and that gun can both last long enough to make good use of all of those bullets.
To be honest I expect I’ll burn 100-300 of them this summer just shooting paper . The little rifle has a 60’s era Refield 3-9 on top . I’d like to find a nice old Leupold Vari XII 3-9 to replace it with .
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Just about every speer bullet that was a favorite of mine from manuals #9 through #13_have been discontinued.....

There were at least a half-dozen gentleman and one woman whom i was acquainted with from the early days of gun and hunting internet chat rooms who became so depressed they eventually took their own lives and the discontinuance and ultimate scarcity of the speer .338 275 gr. was thought to be a contributing factor of their dispair.....
m.A.g.a. !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ray wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm Just about every speer bullet that was a favorite of mine from manuals #9 through #13_have been discontinued.....

There were at least a half-dozen gentleman and one woman whom i was acquainted with from the early days of gun and hunting internet chat rooms who became so depressed they eventually took their own lives and the discontinuance and ultimate scarcity of the speer .338 275 gr. was thought to be a contributing factor of their dispair.....
When Nosler saw fit to discontinue the .375” 260 grain Ballistic Tip I didn’t sit around and whine . I got every box that Jerrys and Accusport had , something like 10 or 12 and I still have 450 or so for loading , that oughtta be enough to last the rest of my life for my Ruger #1H 375 H&H MAG 😉👍🏻
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

There used to be an 88 grain BTHP in 6mm I liked but not seen any in decades..... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Ray wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm Just about every speer bullet that was a favorite of mine from manuals #9 through #13_have been discontinued.....

The 275 was a favorite of mine for many years. The old factory 300 grain Power Point was the most accurate bullet/load, any calibur I have ever used. I was more than once offered $100 a box for it up in Alaska,and that was back in the 80's.The "Keith" load 338mag/Speer275/4831 was accurate in every 338mag I ever tried it in.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper