Don't "Pahk This Kahr in Havahd Yahd"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Don't "Pahk This Kahr in Havahd Yahd"

Post by Old No7 »

"Park The Car in Harvard Yard"

...Or the way I say it...

"Don't Pahk This Kahr in Havahd Yahd"

No, I don't think I'll be carrying this Kahr in the Boston area anytime soon, but if I had a dollar for every time some southerner made me say that stupid saying with my Boston-area accent (as you don't get to pick where you are born...), I'd have a much bigger collection of leverguns for sure.

Ever since I got a Kahr K9 recently, I've been thinking that a larger Kahr T9 would be nice to have too... Not a "need" per se, but since when did THAT ever enter into the discussion? :wink:

I finally got to handle a full-size T9 at Hyatt's Gun Shop in NC, which was the first and only time I'd seen one to handle (fondle maybe?) ever. It sure was nice, but the new ones aren't cheap, and I kept it in mind to look for a decent used one.

I recently won this 2004-vintage (made just before they switched sight dovetails) at an online auction (not GunBroker) and I am really pleased with its overall condition. I really like how it feels in the hand, and how it handles overall. The night sights are long since dim, and I know my options are limited due to the older dovetail, but I haven't made any decisions yet. Plus, my K9 now has a CT Laser Grip -- thanks to a seller from the Kahr Talk website -- and I'll typically be carrying that one for EDC or carry around the homestead.

I was really pleased with the trigger of this T9 -- I used to think my K9's trigger was the best-ever Kahr trigger that I had ever pulled (since I converted it from the extra-long "NYPD" pull to the shorter "Elite" stroke), but I think the T9 is even better! She did really well from 10 yards today -- and this target was shot just getting used to the larger gun. I'll bet I can avoid the flyer when I really concentrate:

Kahr T9 01 (Small).jpg

The T9 makes a nice addition to my Kahr Family and it easily fits into the K9 holsters I have; in fact, one holster is a little long for the K9 and it's just about right for the longer T9.

Here's the family -- A Kahr For Every Occasion! (Except for carrying at Havahd, of course...)

Kahr Family T9-K9-CW380 01 (Small).jpg

Although now I do wish for an "all stainless" K380, just because...

Tight groups!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Old No7 on Thu May 31, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Don't Pahk This Kahr in Havahd Yahd"

Post by 2ndovc »

That's a really nice lookin' pistol. And it shoots too!

Way cool! :D
jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Don't "Pahk This Kahr in Havahd Yahd"

Post by AJMD429 »

One of the med students rotating through my office in the 90's had a Kahr and it looked well-made.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
m.A.g.a. !
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Darn Ray....you went an burst my bubble there buddy. :lol:
I've been loving my "Cheap" CM9 from day-1. Even thought it a good choice to, you know...bet my life on. I had no idea I had "cheaped out" by my choice.
My buddy spent $800.00 on a Kimber only to have to send it back to them twice and when those returns didn't resolve the "issues"...the Kimber guy told him "well...it's not like it's a custom Baer or Wilson".
Oh Well....!!
I'll have to research that "elite stroke" you mention. I already thought my CM9 has the best DA-only pull on the market, but if an improvement is available...I'm interested.
Thank you.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Can you say Bar Harbor for me? :D My dad was raised in Worcester, and my granny lived in New Castle, NH. Dad left New England in the summer of '42 to fight "The Theathen Japanee" (not a typo) as he put. He happened to fall in love with one and marry her. Anyways, he never returned to the Mainland US except for the shortest of visits so he lost his New England accent long before l was born though my granny had it thick as chowder. She came to live with us temporarily in December of '70 thru to the end of June '71. Loved the way she said "over there" in her thick NE accent.
Back to guns l personally prefer the feel of the single stack grip frame Kahrs besides the fact the the State of Hawai'i limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds which has saved countless (zero) lives. I don't currently own any center-fire autos as the tightwad reloader in me hated looked for ejected brass in the tall grass, just wheel guns for me.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

No problem Ray. I'm just amazed at how inexpensive the "C" Kahrs are...and how well they do what they were designed to do..!!
BTW: Did someone mention "patched roundballs"...?????
I'm off for Friendship next week...a little time spent in the 18th century, sleeping in a tent with my flintlock, bag and horn always does me good.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

A few years ago my grandson bought a PM 40 Kahr and carried it for awhile. One day at the range he asked my wife to shoot it, she prefers revolvers. She shot a target a couple of times and told him to throw a couple of the golf balls out there. We watched them fly off to someplace safe. Said she still liked revolvers better. I carried it a few times when I wanted a small gun in my pocket. It spends most of the time in the bed room. Now if I want small auto instead of the J frame I will carry his Keltec 9-11, that is a fine shooting piece.`I still feel better with my Taurus 431 .44 special.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, 86er swore by his car, and carried it professionally as a back-up gun...

Nice shooting! :D