Lee Precision customer service

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Lee Precision customer service

Post by 765x53 »

I recently broke the steel clamp that holds the handle of my 1987 "2001 Challenger" press.
The steel broke, not the aluminum.
I sent in the broken part for replacement.
Lee returned the entire updated steel toggle and linkage.
My thirty year old press is now updated to 2018 configuration.
Thank you Lee Precision!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lee Precision customer service

Post by GunnyMack »

Most 'customer service' now a days SUCKS- but it has been my experience that all of the gun/ reloading companies are exceptional at keeping us happy! All the more reason to keep buying dies and bullets!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have the Lee press from an anniversary kit. About a year ago the aluminum parts of the toggle link broke. I went online, and they offered the updated replacements for free. I started ordering, and I put my phone number in the form. A few minuted after I started, my phone rang. It was a representative from Lee Precision. She asked about my press, and told me where to look for what she wanted. I gave her the information, and she completed the order for me with the exact items needed to fix and update my press. I received everything in about 5 days at no charge. My press works perfectly now. I recommend Lee Precision. They stand behind their products and are friendly to their customers.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Yeah, it's amazin'.

The reloading/gun companies that seem to make excellent, American-made products
have outstanding customer service. As a result, they have loyal customers
and have been profitably in business for decades.

Corporate America could learn something from that............

-Stretch
Flatop
Levergunner

Post by Flatop »

I've experience the very same results as the original poster! Very please with Lee.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have found that I like the Hornady lock rings to replace the original Lee lock rings. I have also replaced the lock rings on my RCBS dies with Hornady lock rings. The Hornady lock rings are easier to use than the RCBS ones, and more of a solid lockup than the Lee ones. They are not a difficult ring to adjust in my experience. I guess I have my preferences.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Good to know about the Lee customer service. Most of my dies are Lee (price, properly shaped expander, ability to remove a stuck case, price) but like piller says, they get Hornady lock rings.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Most of my reloading gear is Lee Precision stuff. That is what I started with... almost 40 years ago. Still load on the same press! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:40 pm I have found that I like the Hornady lock rings to replace the original Lee lock rings. I have also replaced the lock rings on my RCBS dies with Hornady lock rings. The Hornady lock rings are easier to use than the RCBS ones, and more of a solid lockup than the Lee ones. They are not a difficult ring to adjust in my experience. I guess I have my preferences.
Same here. Even with the 4-hole turret press, where inserts should mean once dialed-in most dies stay put, I still can't warm up to the squishy-endpoint of the Lee o-ring die nuts. They are about the only thing I don't like in the Lee lineup.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "