Cops need to go back to revolvers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

Re: Cops need to go back to revolvers

Post by 1894c »

30-30 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 am JohndeFresno -- your post is excellent. BlaineG, with the creation of the Glock pistol (and I think you have a G-30), we don't see jams like the 80's vintage arsenal of auto's had, and if we do, we train repeatedly to tap-rack-reassess within a nano-second. Unfortunately we no longer live within the world we all grew up in. 9/11 really did change everything. Our world has become a dangerous place. Most of the LEO'S that I know carry three (3) extra magazines--WHY--because sometimes back-up is 20-minutes away, and dirtbags travel in packs of 2 to 3... Code-4 ... :)
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Griff wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 am John,

Thank you for your post, articulate, reasoned, and "on-point".
I'd say!

I've not commented on this as I think the OP was silly to begin with. I spent the last six weeks packing a revolver as a CCW due to a broken left arm and a cast. I can tell you that, however much I like my sixguns, I was really happy to put my Officers ACP back in it's holster. I just finished cleaning out my mother's house that recently sold. Her place was in a nice neighborhood but not too far from a less than nice part of a nearby town. Close enough that when the homies figure out a house is empty it's time to ransack it as strip it for everything that is worth enough for a high. I made it a habit to stop by after every showing to make sure the doors were locked and alarm was set. On two occasions, the back door was wide open and the alarm was off. Made me very comfortable clearing the place with a .45 ACP as I was moving from room to room. I can only imagine what it's like to do that for a living. I live in a total "White Bread" community where there are issues, mostly kids and drugs, but everything else is pretty quiet. However, as an insurance adjuster I travel to some pretty nasty areas. If you want some excitement, try driving through East Cleveland about 7-8pm. I don't go there without three spare mags and an AR under the rear seat of my F-150.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Every story has more than two sides, yet each of us can only only testify to what we actually know first hand.

What I know is those things I have experienced, seen with my own eyes, and heard with my own ears.
Same with everyone else.

What I posted earlier was based on my life's experiences, not the media, not hollyweird, not government propagada, but on those LEO's I've worked with, interacted with, and observed throughout my life.

Although I've never been arrested, never been taken to an interrogation room, never had my rights read to me, the experiences I've had with with most LEOs has been less than stellar. This because of their attitude, as I've always been very careful to keep myself on the cordial side of what ever conversation I was involved in with them.

I am not offended by the stories LEOs, current or retired, tell about their buddies or themselves going the extra mile to help others, I actually understand where they are coming from.
But those stories do not cover up the us against them attitude that is just under the shiny blue surface we see every day.

I will not apologize for any comments I've made as I make them from MY LIFE'S experiences.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***