HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI 501 XX

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI 501 XX

Post by winchester1886 »

Yep 145 years ago today May 20 1873 Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis received the patent for brass rivets on the back pockets off their blue denim overalls, thus creating the famous LEVI 501 XX Shrink to fit overalls (the word jeans did not appear until 1960) the Daddy of all blue jeans since whether people know it or not.
When you slip on a pair of 501 xx shrink to fit jeans, you are sliding into history they have been the cowboys pants ever since, the greatest single clothing item the world has ever seen.
I don't I won't wear anything else, and they sure make women's butts look good to.
What a great year was 1873, WINCHESTER 1873, COLT 1873 SINGLE ACTION ARMY AND LEVI 501 XX SHRINK TO FIT JEANS, all good COWBOY gear.
So a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the 501's.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI 501 XX

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup, they do make great jeans but it's a pity that the company is anti gun.... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I heard or read somewhere that the first denim pants produced were not actually blue in color. And Levi Strauss were making men's work trousers before the "rivet"... and that it was in response to their customers' complaints that the seams and pockets ripped too easily.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Key Logger Jeans.....suspender brass already in place and loose enough for Tubby dude (and way cheaper).... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Most cowboys wear Wranglers. Working men can't afford Levies.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Not all of the cowboys wear wranglers, I am to old and stove up for that now but I have worn Levis since I was about eleven years old. I have tried Wranglers and just don't like the way they fit. For one thing the legs are to tight. A pair of Levis 501 will out last any other pants I have tried. I don't like their stand on the gun rights, but that is my choice of pants for everyday and starched ironed for church.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15