Prayers for the people of Santa Fe, Texas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Prayers for the people of Santa Fe, Texas

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Heartbreaking to hear of another of these school shootings -- and right at the end of the school year, too.
rabbit hunter
Levergunner

Re: Prayers for the people of Santa Fe, Texas

Post by rabbit hunter »

There is no doubt in my mind that these shootings are the result of parents allowing their children to grow up playing video games depicting nothing but violence and killing. They have minds developed with no sense of apathy or remorse. Killing is a game w/o consequences. In spite of what liberal progressives think, cancelling the 2nd Amendment won't fix this.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bring back child control and you won't even have to think about gun control....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sad, prayers up. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
rabbit hunter
Levergunner

Post by rabbit hunter »

Hi gamekeeper.
You are correct. Video games aren't good baby sitters. Parents need to pay attention.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The liberals game plan is working great.......get religion out of the schools, hate our country/flag/military, prohibit spankings, at home or school, allowing them to "express" themselves, as long as it's a liberal cause, promote unnatural behavior and applaud those to want to be another sex or boy on boy or girl on girl sexual relations.

I ain't giving up nothing.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 pm The liberals game plan is working great.......get religion out of the schools, hate our country/flag/military, prohibit spankings, at home or school, allowing them to "express" themselves, as long as it's a liberal cause, promote unnatural behavior and applaud those to want to be another sex or boy on boy or girl on girl sexual relations.

THIS! ↑ ↑ ↑
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Griff....it's the dang truth.......patriotic. clean, family valued behavior is on the back shelf and it's great..and honorable if one man toots another and even better if they are members of different races........absolutely sickening.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Sixgun wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 pm The liberals game plan is working great.......get religion out of the schools, hate our country/flag/military, prohibit spankings, at home or school, allowing them to "express" themselves, as long as it's a liberal cause, promote unnatural behavior and applaud those to want to be another sex or boy on boy or girl on girl sexual relations.

THIS! ↑ ↑ ↑
+1 :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

THIS! ↑ ↑ ↑
It's reassuring that multiple other people also see the root cause.

+2

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I just sent the following to an old friend. She had been n a gun control rant. I'm really interested in how she will respond. Her father was one of my favorite teachers in school. He'd been on an Anti-Reagan kick, but he's always kept his sense of humor.

"I grew up in a house full of firearms. I hated school and everyone there. I tried to be a shadow but I was constantly singled out as the "chubby rich kid" from a good neighborhood. Even some of the teachers and one of your favorite administrators gave me a hard time about it. I don't condone what these kids do, but I understand it. I would have never done something like this due to the single fact that I would have never let my parents know how awful things were or would I let those bastards at school beat me. I knew better, only because I had such a powerful family that I could go home to. It wasn't until I got to college that I found out that I was worth something. We could start over again in those days. No one knew who you were. These kids have this bullshit following their every move and they can't seem to stop themselves. The world has changed and not for the better. A month ago some ISIS person killed ten people with a rental van in Canada and it was on the news for a day and then it was gone. Didn't fit the media's agenda. Last week several people were stabbed in Paris, and again, the story is gone. The story a few weeks ago where the murder rate in London has surpassed New York City is gone. England has so many laws that it's illegal to carry a pocket knife, yet they are still killing each other. Tell me again how it's the guns that make you kill. Mine don't talk to me. I don't even hunt anymore. I'm just happy putting holes in paper. But, don't for a second think I'll give them up. When everything else is gone, only then will people realize why the Second Amendment was so high up on the list."

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

FWiedner wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:40 pm

THIS! ↑ ↑ ↑
It's reassuring that multiple other people also see the root cause.

+2

+1 Again!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It would be nice if we quit doing the same-old-thing (posturing, virtue-signaling, and treating scary-looking guns as deodands, and 'background checks' as a talisman), and IGNORED THE IGNORANT VITRIOL OF THE DEMOCRATS AND SNOWFLAKES, instead actually doing a 'grown-up thing' and hardened the schools instead of just posting asinine 'gun-free zone' stickers. All it would take is allowing CCW in schools as a start. 5-10% of adults are CCW licensees on average, so there would be return-fire very quickly. All the wishful thinking of the SNOWFLAKES won't make 'gun control laws' work any better than they have ever before (which is never).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

One thing I like about this forum is reading the thoughs of real men and women, it's refreshing after being continually bombarded by pansy left wing B/S .
I feel sorry for kids brought up in homes where real values are not taught, it's not their fault, it's the lack good parenting and the left wing educators... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Just like charity begins at home, IMO, so should parental responsibility.

The apple never falls very far from the tree; so it's the parents who are really responsible for these type of situations - no matter how much they plead that they didn't know (B.S. ! )

It all starts with parents letting the little things slide, which can embolden some to try to get away with more & more offensive things.

Kids don't come with instruction manuals, and woe-betide those who look to books on how to raise kids.

As has been stated above/earlier here, children should be raised to show & act with respect - why folks like us were always reluctant to disappoint our parents, and my children haven't disappointed me.

At the time (when they were young), my kids didn't particularly like my rules/etc, but they adhered to them - and today, as adults with families of their own, have told me that they were all glad that I did what I did for them (which is very gratifying to me in my dotage).

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:58 am I feel sorry for kids brought up in homes where real values are not taught, it's not their fault, it's the lack good parenting and the left wing educators... :(
The real tragedy is that those kids grow up and vote.....
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

CORRECT.... :evil:
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

One fellow's opinion on "why" .....
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/w ... planation/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

new pig hunter wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:55 pm One fellow's opinion on "why" .....
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/w ... planation/
I agree with Mr. Gladwell's observations but largely disagree with Mr. French's.

There is always the case of "Monkey see, Monkey do".

There are thousands of young men out there with anger issues and most of them find some constructive outlet or get proper guidance regarding how to deal with it, but those who don't are subjected to the constant beating of the progressive agenda which teaches that masculinity is bad and any natural male action or response is in violation of some rule, regulation, or law, whether it be trying to get female attention or dealing with a snot-nosed bully. What does one do with 100,000 years of evolutionary biology? Say "We aren't animals". Deal with it? Right.

French's observation that normal people never consider violence is moronic. Perhaps it's the case that normal people consider such action and then further consider the consequences. And then, perhaps it's the case that when impressionable youth are taught that there are no consequences, they may be less hesitant to act on those animal impulses.

According to Mr. French, what we need are new laws, because that always helps. If we go to a judge and identify a potential offender before they offend, we can save the day. A new system of retraining orders (with all consideration to "due process", of course), a system of 'pre-crime', as it were. Head 'em off at the pass.

What could go wrong?

Maybe observing that "There's something wrong with that guy" is a good approach, but IMO it opens a barn size door for abuse.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Speaking of consequences, in a sane world when somebody is caught in the act of murdering that many people, and openly admits to doing so, and there is no plausible rationale of self-defense or other things that would make the homicides 'justifiable', there is no way the killer would be alive after a few days. He would be executed after a trial which would take place within a few days at most, or he would be tied to a post in a Public Square where the next of kin of his victims could do what they wanted for 72 hours before he would be shot or hung.

Instead he will be alive - with taxpayer-funded food, clothing, and housing as well as taxpayer-funded lawyers, counselors, psychiatrists, physicians, and reporters fawning over him and wanting to know all about his childhood and why the NRA persuaded him to do such horrible things. In a sane world he would be dead before the funerals of his victims happened.

Anyone want to make a bet as to whether he'll still be alive in a year, or 5 years, 10 years, 20......???

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

This kid will live and probably get out of prison someday.