WARNING: Dallas NRA Convention Issues

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

WARNING: Dallas NRA Convention Issues

Post by Pete44ru »

I thought this worth posting separately, so everybody going to the convention would be aware/alert.

WARNING ! HYATT DALLAS REUNION SQUARE employees are apparently thieves, supported by management !

To Wit: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/05/0 ... l-meeting/

Here are Hyatt Dallas Reunion Square employees going through my car at 3:00am.
They attained (obtained) the keys from (the) valet.
When asked why people are entering my car, James Waddleton (security manager) says "This is private property and we can look in anything we want without probable cause."
Hyatt apparently has no problem going through personal vehicles and telling customers it’s their right.
This after claiming probable cause but could not produce a complaint or police report.

Given the NRA Convention, IMO it's a fair bet that they were looking to steal some guns.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WARNING: Dallas NRA Convention Issues

Post by vancelw »

The convention is over. Ended Sunday the 6th
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

These weren't security professionals addressing a security issue.

These are thieves who got caught in the act.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I think I might start with a letter to corporate headquarters. Certainly, with the number of NRA members they would not want the NRA members to boycott them.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

If they were in the right and doing this legally, it wouldn't be happening at 3:00a.m.!!! It was done at this time because they knew they were breaking the law and stealing from a hotel guest. Cockroaches always come out at night.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Regardless of if your car is parked on private property ( a hotel!) they have no right to enter your vehicle for any reason. I would have called the police. What is America coming to.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, 86er ran into a problem with the Hyatt years ago. Very anti-gun. I never stay at their properties... and never will.