just a thought

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

just a thought

Post by rossim92 »

I have been on this forum for a while now. Info here is top notch. So is the help! I work at a print shop, so this thought comes naturally. With all the different load combos info with the members here that reload, I was just thinking, why not have each reloader compile their info into an fyi book just in case another member wants to acknowledge and work your information. Just mail that person a copy and vice versa. I know info changes all the time, but of those who shoot their own standard, it would be nice to have a go to book for insight. I'm not soliciting work for my company, (cost prohibitive for short runs is one reason) . just print it out on your printer or send to one another on a flash drive? How does this idea grab you in the buttstock? :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: just a thought

Post by mikld »

My thought; Reloading manuals are published reports from certified labs, using state of the art testing equipment (most are). All loads found in reloading manuals are safe, even for beginning reloaders. I use reloading manuals for 98% of my new loads and my own data from previous loads, with a small amount of data found on powder manufacturer's web sites. More "reliable" than any anonymous forum member's loads. IMO, published reloading manuals are the source for load data...

Also, one of my rules and what I tell all new reloaders that will listen; pay very little attention (none) to any forum expert, well meaning friend, range rat, pet loads website, gun counter clerk or gun shop guru for load data. Published reloading manuals have safe, tested data in an easy to follow format. I'm sure most of the experienced reloaders here on Levergunz.com could share their pet loads, and they are prolly safe, but I wouldn't use any, and new reloaders should not use such data...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I might have gotten suggestions worth looking into from an online forum, but I'd want to confirm those suggestions with several published sources. I wouldn't want my name associated with a load that someone else might screw up and have go sideways on them. I might say, "I like Blue Dot for -------", but would not go any further with amounts, etc.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Anybody got an all-purpose fill-in-the blanks "Release from Liability" form?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I use two on-line sources: LoadData.com and AmmoGuide.com. Both have been reliable, and list the source of the data. AmmoGuide is wonderful in terms of 'search' functions and various 'comparison' functions.

If I find a load on there I want to try, even if the 'source' is a powder or bullet manifacturer, I still make sure I verify the load myself to be within spec on a powder/bullet factory website, and I make sure it passes the 'common sense' test as in within bounds for a similar cartridge size-and-pressure-wize.

If the load is from an 'individual' I go through the same steps plus I want to see a couple other solid sources.

Rather than reinvent the wheel here, I'd suggest we do what we have been (informal sharing) but if you really like a load, post it on AmmoGuide. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "