5 in 1 blanks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

5 in 1 blanks

Post by jnyork »

When I lived in California about 40 years ago, I knew a fellow who worked off and on in the movie industry. He gave me five 5 in 1 blanks, headstamped WRA. The overwads are grey, meaning they are smoke generating, and marked "FULL" for full-power charge. 5 in 1 Blanks were designed to be fired in five different guns of the Ol West, those of the 45 Colt, 44WCF (.44-40) and 38 WCF (38-40). Rifles and revolvers. At the time there were no Lever action rifles available chambered in 45 Colt. Thus the "5".

Does anyone know if these are of interest to anyone for collecting or if they have any value? I am clearing some stuff out of my gunroom and came across these and have no interest in keeping them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: 5 in 1 blanks

Post by Sixgun »

Naaa...shoot 'em off on the 4th of July. I could have had a case of them some years back but I declined them. The guy threw me a box for the heck of it.

Out there where Old Savage lives they are probably all over the place.-------6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

IIRC they were also used in .45-70s.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I've never seen them in person but they might be more common elsewhere. You may be able to trade for something you can use.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

Starline makes cases marked 5 in 1 if anyone is interested

I have some very old 38 short colt black powder blanks that are in a box from Stembridge Gun Rentals and it is marked Extra Loud.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I would not toss them away!

Google the round and you will see that a box of 50 goes for $69-72.

I would think that there are some folks like me, but who live somewhere near you, who would gladly buy one or two of them at a buck a piece to put on their bullet display boards. Especially if these are crimped like my crimped .30-06 and .308 Honor Guard blanks; since standard seating or crimping dies are not in every handloader's inventory.

Alas, if there was a way that you could legally ship the loaded cartridges, I'd be glad to buy those five rounds from you. Or is it legal to ship blanks, somehow? If you see wads on them, they must have been handloaded by some prop guy, unless Winchester manufactured them without a crimp (like you see with rifle rounds).

And Six, maybe some hard core collectors who would buy several, especially in the box, just because they were purchased for possible use in some proposed action or Western film in Hollyweird.