Some Ruger time at the range, today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Some Ruger time at the range, today.

Post by 2ndovc »

Got some shooting in between thunderstorms this afternoon. :D

A much needed afternoon of and headed to the range. I wanted to work on the Mini 30's adjustable gas system some more and really needed to put a few rounds through my Super Blackhawk.

Shooting the Mini at 50 yds with my elbows resting on the bench, not really shooting for groups but testing a couple of different brands of factory and the new gas tube. About one full turn out and it was functioning perfectly with Tula, Golden Bear and Some PPU round nose soft points. I burnt up about a hundred rounds with it and really like the way it shoots and handles. I picked up a couple boxes of Hornady Black. I'll take them along next time out, interested in how they will do.

It had been raining just a bit when I got set up so I waited for it to pass and pulled out the SBH. Took along a box of my favorite .44 Magnum load, 240 gr SWCs over 10.5 Gr. of Unique. I set it on a rest at 50 yds for fun and tried to get a comfortable two handed grip. Not happening with this cast on my wrist. Took a couple shots anyway. That wasn't a great idea. I'll be paying for it the rest of the evening, I'm sure. :roll:
Moved up to 20 yds, one hand bullseye style and fired a pretty decent group. Boy, I missed this thing! The only other hand gun I own and shoot this well is my Colt National Match. Finished off the box, grinning the whole time.

I wanted to practice with the S&W Airweight but there was another storm moving in and a very large tree came down next to the range. The wind was really howling and I decided I'd used up enough good luck lately.

:D :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Some Ruger time at the range, today.

Post by ollogger »

looks like ya had a good day, you had the right idea to get out of there with the wind blowing down a tree!!

ollogger
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I saw that line of storms move across Ohio (Mom lives north of C-Bus and is deathly afraid of a stiff breeze :lol: ) Looked like some rotation in those clouds?? :o
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 pm I saw that line of storms move across Ohio (Mom lives north of C-Bus and is deathly afraid of a stiff breeze :lol: ) Looked like some rotation in those clouds?? :o
I didn't see any up here, but it's not unusual this time of year. Looked like they were getting it a little worse to the south and east of us. That tree sure made a crack when it came down. Like a cannon!

jb 8)

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Great results all around jb, sure like that BH she`s a beauty.
I used to have some white pearl grips for one I`d give ya but can`t find them must of given them to someone in the past.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Pitchy,

I've been looking for the "right" set of grips since I had the thing redone. Though, I do like the originals, I'd love to have a nice set of stag grips for it.
I'll keep looking. :D

jb 8)