Crossing Off Dick's Sporting Goods

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Crossing Off Dick's Sporting Goods

Post by JohndeFresno »

Email today from Springfield Armory:

"GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

"This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

"It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans."
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Crossing Off Dick's Sporting Goods

Post by JerryB »

I reckon the snowflakes and other liberal dictators can be safe when they go there to buy their new work out clothes. They want have to be around those crazy evil rifles that kill people.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I stopped going Dicks a decade ago, they had firearms but didn't seem knowledgeable about them, just another retail item, not the kind of store I wanted to give my money to.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BenT wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 pm I stopped going Dicks a decade ago, they had firearms but didn't seem knowledgeable about them, just another retail item, not the kind of store I wanted to give my money to.

Right! We have one a couple of miles down the road over the border from Pa. to De....if your buying a gun there, YOU better know your stuff as the workers are great people...but they are not "gun people".

My buddy, who owns Targetmaster...loves it.....more business for him...(he always thinks $$$)---6
Model A Uzi’s
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I suspect that Dick's won't be in the gun business much longer.

They don't have that great a selection, carry NO handguns, and
all of the stuff is behind the counter with no one to really help
the customer. And as others have opined, they don't have gun
experts, just low-wage, part-time employees.

The margin on guns is nowhere near the margin on Chinese-made
polyester athletic apparel or Vietnamese-made athletic shoes. Most
of the rest of their stock is made offshore. It's just another giant
corporation whose main goal is to make the rich, white, shareholders
richer. They care not a wit for good jobs, strong communities, or
individual rights like those enumerated in the Bill of Rights. Just
corporate profit.

Anything that interferes with their banal, vanilla, non-offensive corporate image
will have to go. That means the guns in their stores are living on borrowed time.

-Stretch
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Easy for me to boycott Dick's. I haven't been in any of them around me in decades. Just nothing there that I couldn't find elsewhere cheaper.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I suspect that Dick's won't be in the gun business much longer.
I thought they removed all inventory and destroyed it already. :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I went in a Dicks once. They had Mosin carbines advertised at a good price but none in stock. I left with my money.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

"Dick's" is IMHO an appropriate handle for them.... :evil:

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

What's wrong with rich, white shareholders?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Pete44ru wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm "Dick's" is IMHO an appropriate handle for them.... :evil: .

I agree Pete....a Dick is a dick.....I'm so sorry I bought a treadmill from those dicks last year.----6
Model A Uzi’s
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Sixgun wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 am
Pete44ru wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm "Dick's" is IMHO an appropriate handle for them.... :evil: .
I agree Pete....a Dick is a dick.....I'm so sorry I bought a treadmill from those dicks last year.----6
I was thinking the very same thing... :O
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

I have no problem with a company "looking out for" shareholders. In fact...I EXPECT it.
Dick's has made a business decision. That's their privilege, as it is mine to take my money elsewhere, which I will do.
I'm sure they don't care, which is also fine. We're blessed to have many choices where we can find everything Dick's carries.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I bought a couple treestands from them a couple years ago. One was complete garbage.
But with this move.......
They are dead to me.

I try as hard as I can to not do business with anti gun companies. We do have the numbers, lets use em.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Dick's showed up here a few years back. They bought out another chain that was already established. I went once. Totally fru fru stuff, not a firearm or ammo in sight. The fishing area was almost non existent. But you could buy all of the brightly colored clothes that make you better at your chosen sport you want.

See, out here it isn't whether you can actually perform, or even actually participate in a sport. You simply have to where the appropriate clothing to impress all of the others who act like they participate.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

ON THE PELOSIE LIST AS WELL.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

My one experience was going in for shotshells on sale at a low price. I bought several boxes and did not find out until later that the boxes they sold contained only 20 instead of 25 shotshells. As far as I am concerned, the name suits them.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Wonder what the founder of Dick's would think if he was still alive?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Dick's? Never heard of her . . .

Cat
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Today's email from NRA, if you haven't heard - remember that besides MKS Supply's Hi-Point firearms, their Inland Manufacturing source markets an M1 .30 Carbine and a 1911 model .45 ACP - direct reprint:

MKS Supply, exclusive marketer for American-made Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Manufacturing, issued a statement regarding its decision to cease firearm sales to Dick's Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream. It has issued the following press release:

MKS Supply, LLC, exclusive marketer for American-made Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Manufacturing, values the customers that it proudly serves and the God-given freedoms that they enjoy. Because the right to keep and bear arms was recognized by our founding fathers to be a fundamental right, they ensured its protection under the Second Amendment. Just as we show our commitment to our customers by standing behind our products, we believe it is equally important to show our commitment to our customers by standing behind their Second Amendment rights.

In recent months, Dick's Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, have shown themselves, in our opinion, to be no friend of Americans' Second Amendment. We believe that refusing to sell long guns to adults under age 21, while many young adults in our military are not similarly restricted, is wrong. We believe that villainizing modern sporting rifles in response to pressure from uninformed, anti-gun voices is wrong. We believe that hiring lobbyists to oppose American citizens' freedoms secured by the Second Amendment is wrong. Dick's Sporting Goods and Field & Stream, in purportedly doing all of these things, have demonstrated that they do not share our values.

MKS Supply, Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Manufacturing are standing by the American people by refusing any further sales to Dick's Sporting Goods & Field & Stream. We are proud of our products, we are proud of our customers, and we are especially proud of the freedoms secured by our great U.S. Constitution. We are committed to all three.

Charles Brown
President, MKS Supply, LLC
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The only firearm I ever bought from them was an over-under when I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach several years ago. I got a heck of a deal on it, and still like it. I would go to the gun counter when in the store with the family while they were getting whatever they needed.

No longer. I'll never spend a red cent in one of their stores again, and neither will my family.

I don't have a problem with a company making a financial decision to drop a product or line. I may not agree with the decision, but they have an obligation to stakeholders, and if it makes more economic sense, I can understand the decision.

What I will NEVER tolerate is a company actively campaigning against my rights, which Dick's is now doing. They have made an enemy of me, and I will do everything I can to ensure their business demise. Every person I can influence to stop shopping at Dick's, I will. Anything I can do to legally to hurt them, I will. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll shop at Cabela's and Academy... because they aren't Dick's!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I just had a friend tell me today that they are changing their name.

"Dick's" has been deemed too masculine and politically incorrect.

They're gonna call it, "Caitlin's" now..... :shock:

:lol:

-Stretch
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

stretch wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 pm I just had a friend tell me today that they are changing their name.

"Dick's" has been deemed too masculine and politically incorrect.

They're gonna call it, "Caitlin's" now..... :shock:

:lol:

-Stretch
It would be appropriate! :lol:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Yup, give them a huge pass too. No need for this, their tactics reveal them for who they are.

Not saying anything else new here. But thanks for the head's up as well, just in case.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel