Reinvention of myself

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Reinvention of myself

Post by hightime »

New profession for me. In 2007 I sold my shed building business to an employee, my son-in-law. Tools, trailers and truck for cash, and 10% of sales. He paid for a couple years and that was my retirement. He quit paying and I stewed about it. Not wanting to give him a good reason I did not go into completion , but chose to do other construction. Told by lawyer friends that my contract was good, I still chose not to sue , because my daughter and three of my grandchildren were getting fed. Also being angry was hard on me, I let it go.
In the last forty years I have been asked many times to build freestanding saunas and thought it might be a good idea. For a couple years we built them and then two years ago we incorporated into Christensen saunas. Now we build one every week and a half and deliver them from Woodstock NY. to Friuta CO. Soon to bringing one to Glacier Nat’l Park, but most to upper MN, WI, and Upper MI. I don’t employ outside family, two daughters another son-in-law and the oldest grandson. We work in our new shop year ‘round and are sold out two months ahead of time. Now you know why this old man has been rare around here, it not thatI don’t mis you guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Reinvention of myself

Post by Pitchy »

Hey hightime good to see ya again, was wondering what happened to you and now we know.
Say now that sauna looks great, I think I need one with a bath tub too to soak these sore body parts in.
Glad things are going good and thanks for the update. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad you worked things out - one can chose one's friends, but not one's family (sigh :roll: ).

hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Well, the main lesson learned, was to either do something or let go of my anger. Anger will ruin your health, both mental and physical. I don’t want to be the guy who lives with guilt either. I pity them even more.
Owen
Ps. I still like my levers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Here ya go pitchy a sauna with hot tub and lounge area.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You're out a few buck on a bad investment.

You've learned whom you can trust and whom you can't.

One is just the way life goes. The other you can build a solid future upon.

Living well is the best revenge.

:D
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good for you! Glad to see you are well.
I have huge respect for someone who can start and run a successful business.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great craftsmanship and a great attitude, I admire both.... 8)

Don't let Old No7 see those topbreaks in your collection.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Great craftsmanship and a great attitude, I admire both.... 8)
Me too.
It's sad when family lets ya down. My daughter is a bright spot, but everyone else is a disappointment. I still love them but don't like them much. Is that wrong?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

No Blaine I don't see it as wrong, it is more common than most folks will admit. It was hard but I had to tell one of ours I hate your ways but I still love as our child.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Lordy...your experience is a very common one.....I call it......you order the hay for the horses/cows......with a due date in 90 days...well, you know the rest.

Your lucky, some years back, after my best buddy died....(my dad).....I had to deal with my own flesh and blood sister......who lived a high falutin life...you know...the islands, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Jaguars,....

She thought she was something special, being homecoming queen wth a big deal developer husband....this stinking pig did/still dont have 2 pennies to rub together tried everything possible to screw me out of my rightful inheritance......the Teamster lawyers took care of that.

For the most part, I strongly dislike/distrust most people, especially blood relatives.---6

It's very sad most of us don't learn these things until later in life.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Relatives aren't always the ones to trust. That is probably the saddest truth I have ever had to learn. It is good that you let it go and moved on. Those who do you wrong will get what is due them. You don't have to sweat the details. Some people call it Karma, some say it is Fate, others call it by other names. Whatever you call it, it is just the Creator of all things taking care of you. The fallout may be as simple as chronic stomach pain which keeps the one who needs to ask forgiveness from enjoying life, or it can be a lot worse. Heart attacks, strokes, bad luck in everything, or a host of other troubles can occur. The best thing any of us can do is move on and forgive the wrongdoer. That way we don't have to carry a grudge. It may take a long time, but if the wrongdoer is any sort of redeemable, they will some day apologize and ask forgiveness. If they don't, then it is up to them to explain it to Jesus and try to get him to understand so that he will intercede with GOD. When it comes to that point, it is going to be rather frightening to the wrongdoer.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It's always more disappointing when the one who lets you down is also a relative. Puts a strain on relationships and future interactions with that part of the family. Glad you moved on and took the high road in this instance. Sometimes when something bad happens it forces us to change direction, and that can turn out for the better. Looking back I think you'll see this actually worked out very well for you and the family.
By the way; those are gorgeous sauna buildings!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Thanks. I totally have moved on and having a great time working this new venture. No hard feelings here , only gratitude for opportunities and the health to pursue them.
Owen
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

High time those are nice, well done!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The hot tub would be nice. We have 95 to 110 degree weather 4 to 6 months per year in the Dallas area, so a sauna would not be much use in this area.

Houston is worse during the Summer than any sauna I have ever been in. 95 degrees and 80 percent humidity at 9AM is not my idea of ideal living conditions. When I retire, I plan on moving out to the Llano Estacado, or some other place where I can feel 10 to 15 mph wind all the time again. I grew up in the breezes of Southwestern Kansas and still miss the wind.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost