Penn bullets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Penn bullets

Post by fordwannabe »

I do not usually run companies down on internet sites....HOWEVER you guys are my friends and I would not feel right if you had the same experience and I had not warned you. First I had done some business with Penn bullets in the past and all was ok. Mr P. and I had talked before seems like a nice guy.
I ordered 100 500.grain 458 bullets for my suppressed 45-70, in OCTOBER.2017. I called BEFORE placing the order and was assured they were in stock so I said o.k. I paid approximately $58 for 100 with shipping. Cc was billed immediately. Long story short they did not have the bullets in stock and I was told on multiple occasions tomorrow, today, ect. No bullets. Well I could NOT get them on the phone any longer and had to send an email telling him, I no longer wanted them please refund purchase price and do not send bullets. Yup, this past Friday.more than a month after sending that note the bullets arrived. No refund, no note as to why they took almost 7 MONTHS. Again past transactions had been ok, but if you deal with them, do so after having been warned. Sorry to have to say this about a company "in public" like this but I thought you should be warned.I truly hope they can straighten their act out, but I will be hesitant to order from them again.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Penn bullets

Post by harry »

It could be because he almost died during that time frame.
http://www.pennbullets.com/pennbulletin.html
But that's no excuse when a levergunner needs bullets :?
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I talked to him many times after that and was promised tomorrow, or today on at least three occasions by him personally. Look Ibget the whole health thing and if you tell me whats going on I dont have a problem giving anybody a break, but dont tell me over and over gonna ship, then don't. I have NOTHING against the guy, just trying to warn others.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Thanks for the Heads up. I ordered some bullets from them about 8 years ago without issue. but thing have a way of changing, usually not for the better.
roughcreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by roughcreek »

I recently ordered some heavy 45-70 bullets from him. Like you said, I called and was told they were in stock . But not so. He ran them soon enough and I got them in a reasonable time.
It would be good idea if ordering large calibre, heavy bullets to get a sample first, if possible.
Did your bullets measure out ok? Dia. and weight?
I had gotten handgun bullets from him before and they were good.
Roughcreek
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

They are still in the box on my reloading bench because I am too disgusted with the whole thing to mess with them right now.