Got something to say

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Got something to say

Post by Pitchy »

I have some here that quit being friends because I don`t agree with their religion or political beliefs and it makes me feel bad.
I don`t have to believe in anything you believe any more than you have to believe in what I believe, I just want to say that it matters not to me and if you needed help I would be there and I think most of us feel the same way.
So if I offended anyone because I differ with ya please forgive me and I hope ya can put it aside and be a friend and I think that`s what this board is about.
Thanks.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got something to say

Post by OldWin »

You surely ain't offended me old buddy. You're one of the best, Lenn.
Keep on keepin' on, man!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks buddy, I have a person I could really hate but I`d give my shirt off my back to cover the sorry *** up with if I found him dead.
The world and people in it is a weird place but it`s the good in the heart that prevails.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Pitchy, you are sure right on this. Ephesians 4:32 says " And be ye kind one to another,tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ sake hath hath forgiven you."

It does work Pitchy.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

No snowflake here, Pitchy; keep on Pitching.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I think the problem is we have raised a generation of people who can't hold a civil conversation about a subject they disagree on.

For a long time before Obama I always felt that Jimmy Carter was the worst president our country has ever had. After reading his autobiography I still disagreed with him but I understood why he believed what he believed.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Lenn you're always offending me by being smarter and a darn sight more industrious than I am........ :lol:
Keep it up buddy... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Hey, Pitchy!

Another quote attributed to Tecumseh:
Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
That about says it all. Mutual respect.

I don't agree with most folks' views of religion on this forum. Fair enough. I'm not going to
attack them personally about it, either. Nor am I going to take one iota of flak from ANYBODY
for not agreeing with their viewpoint.

My favorite quote about religion goes something like this:

"The great good of religion is that it provides a framework for how to live one's life. The
great evil, and it is a very great evil, is that it seems to provide fuel for some to tell
others how to live their lives."

There's a reason that they call religion "the mystery of faith" and not "concrete fact."

All of that said, most of the folks on this forum are decent people who can agree to
disagree, and you seem to be as well, Pitchy.

I'm hoping you're feeling a bit better today, and I'm wishing you the best.

-Stretch
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep - Some folks just can't agree to disagree, and take a different opinion as an attack on their person.

Don't live in a glass house, if you like to throw stones. :roll:

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Well Pitchy, yours and my beliefs are probably pretty similar, but even if they weren't, you would not offend me. In fact, I can't think of anyone on this board that would offend me. I might not agree with everyone, but I don't get offended. I must say, Pitchy, that you are one of the most interesting fellows I've met. Wish I had half your skill at craftsmanship.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

Well put, Pitchy! Life is too short to not get along with others
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Carrying a grudge gets heavy on the carrier, and the one whom you are upset with will rarely care.

I can't think of anyone on this board whom I wouldn't help when they need it. Back before the elections, Madman 45-70 and I disagreed on candidates. I haven't seen him on here for a while, and I wish he would post again. I wasn't the only one whom he disagreed with, but I consider it all water under the bridge. There are others who have left after disagreements. I hope they come back.

Life is too short to have a pet grudge.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Pitchy, as for me, you're nothing but good people, I have always enjoyed your posts...blessings ... :)
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

hang in there pitchy, good guys always win.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks fellars, stubbornness stands in the way of some.
Heck pards in the end it will all come out in the wash why hold grudges now. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

After reaching 63 years of age I have come to the solid conclusion that no two people are alike in their thinking.....thats why there are murders, fist fights, lawsuits, LAWS.....divorces, wars, manipulation, deception, brain washing...on and on and on.

As humans, we are only supposed to live to 40-45.....replace ourselves and raise what we replaced....ourselves.

Don't think into it too much....enjoy the time we have and to hell what others think.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

KirkD wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:39 pm Well Pitchy, yours and my beliefs are probably pretty similar, but even if they weren't, you would not offend me. In fact, I can't think of anyone on this board that would offend me. I might not agree with everyone, but I don't get offended. I must say, Pitchy, that you are one of the most interesting fellows I've met. Wish I had half your skill at craftsmanship.
+1

N
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Unfortunately, for too long we - as a society - have discouraged public discourse regarding politics and religion. Rather than preventing problems by avoiding these at times divisive issues we've evolved a society incapable of politely discussing them. A difference of opinion is no reason to pull away from people, with very few exceptions. Years ago my wife commented on some pictures an ex-coworker of hers had posted on Facebook about his trip to the far east. The pictures didn't show up on my feed so I looked him up and found out he wasn't on my list of friends. So I sent an invite - to which I received a reply approximately like this:

"Mr. Moreland, you and I have very different beliefs. I'm sure you agree that one does not want people with dissimilar beliefs among their friends."

Well, shucks. That put me to pondering. On my Facebook "friends" I've got Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Roman Catholics, Orthodox Catholics, Christians, Atheists, Pagans, Agnostics and possibly Muslims - and only God Himself knows what all else. Also represented are hunters and vegetarians, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, libertarians, Liberals, Neo-Liberals, Conservatives, Neo-Conservatives - and I'll stop with the political differences without attempting to identify the multitudinous Latin American political tendencies listed among my "friends" (amigos -in this case). In other words, no one on my list of "friends" thinks exactly like me, and there's days I disagree with myself too, on general principles. It's a sad world one inhabits if one can't handle disagreement by something other than banishment or violence.

Over the years we've lost a lot of good men from this forum over disagreements of one kind or another. I'm thankful for each one here because each one makes up part of the fabric of the whole.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Paul, that was a most excellent statement, or a bunch of statements. You sure said what needs to be said and thought about. But, I still feel that the old King James Bible is the only one but I do know that folks are getting saved by my Lord Jesus with the new bibles. and I know that there probably be folks in Heaven that are not Independent Baptist.
I really miss some of those men that felt they had to leave this great forum. Thanks for all you do for us here and for the folks down there in the Lord's name
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JerryB wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 pm Paul, that was a most excellent statement, or a bunch of statements. You sure said what needs to be said and thought about. But, I still feel that the old King James Bible is the only one but I do know that folks are getting saved by my Lord Jesus with the new bibles. and I know that there probably be folks in Heaven that are not Independent Baptist.
I really miss some of those men that felt they had to leave this great forum. Thanks for all you do for us here and for the folks down there in the Lord's name
Thank you, sir. Yep, folks will argue about anything. Here it's not the KJV, it's the RV1960 (Reina Valera - versión 1960) and in Brazil it was the João Ferreira de Almeda. The funny one is the Reina Valera. Folks here get adamant about the 1960 version being THE translation to end all translations, while the upgrade from the 1909 version to the 1960 version brings out the reason why it's important to keep retranslating the bible. The 1909 version actually says that no bi-lingual man can be a deacon, a poor translation that was improved a bit 51 years later, but still not as clear as some of the more recent scholarly treatments of the passage. Of course, that's no concern to me personally as I'm tri-lingual. :lol: And that's the glory of using a tablet as it carries about any translation the folks I'm working with use so I can speak to them in their version and show them the Way. Except for the JW's NWT (TMN in Spanish), haven't managed to get a digital copy of that one yet.

If we'd learn not to sweat the little stuff, know which mountain is worth dying on, things would go a lot smoother in this world and folks would live a lot better over all.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Personally, if a person us so shallow as to be offended by a forum post, then I'd be happy for them to "defriend" me. I'll just let them pull up their panties and go home...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

It is a failing of this internet and typed correspondence, that people read into a simple statement, the possibility of an attack on their own opinion. Then there are the others that actually are attacking people for having a different opinion. It would be entirely different if we were all sitting in the same room together talking this or that.

People have had fallings out on the internet over such things a whether a .243 will kill a deer, forget about life beliefs like religion or political stance.

In the Navy there was not allowed any talk of religion or politics in the gunroom, and I have found it is best to keep it that way in polite society.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Carlsen Highway wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:06 pm In the Navy there was not allowed any talk of religion or politics in the gunroom, and I have found it is best to keep it that way in polite society.
And that is one reason why few people are capable of polite discussion of difficult topics. Learning to disagree politely is an important skill, one we endeavor to teach through example. In our English Conversation Club our purpose statement is "We can discuss any topic - POLITELY." Over the years we've "lost" a few folks who refused to live up to the challenge. But we've also seen others grow personally by learning to think past their former limits. Ad Hominem arguments are not allowed and at times we politely insist on a topic change until someone gets their temper under control, but politely discussing difficult topics should be a part of everyone's education. Sadly, as a society, we've failed that as well as many other vital subjects necessary for real progress in harmonious living.
Paul - in Pereira

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

People disagree all the time. No one sees the world through anyone else eyes.

Most of the time, I don't particularly care whether Joe Schmoe agrees with my point of view or not. We can go our separate ways. We can choose to live our own lives.

What I take issue with is hypocrisy. Especially the flavor wherein a fellow pounds his chest to make it clear that he believes in X, but it's a case of "Do as I say, not as I do". They only really adhere to their "belief" when it makes them look good, when it's safe, or when it's personally convenient.

They don't have to believe or behave in accordance with what I believe, but do they behave in line with what they claim that they believe?

It's a question of predictability... A question of whether a person is worthy of being trusted.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

FWiedner wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:24 am People disagree all the time. No one sees the world through anyone else eyes.

Most of the time, I don't particularly care whether Joe Schmoe agrees with my point of view or not. We can go our separate ways. We can choose to live our own lives.

What I take issue with is hypocrisy. Especially the flavor wherein a fellow pounds his chest to make it clear that he believes in X, but it's a case of "Do as I say, not as I do". They only really adhere to their "belief" when it makes them look good, when it's safe, or when it's personally convenient.

They don't have to believe or behave in accordance with what I believe, but do they behave in line with what they claim that they believe?

It's a question of predictability... A question of whether a person is worthy of being trusted.

:|

In other words, you expect people to be consistent between their words and their actions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can keep hoping. :D

Actually, there ARE folks who live that way. Few and far between, but they're out there (and here, too)
Paul - in Pereira

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

The point in this thread was to ask forgiveness from those I someway made mad and that everyone can give in to their pride and stubbornness and be friends.
I could care less about excuses with those that think they have a answer about why people act the way they do or hypocrisy that falls on the Dems in my opinion.
All I know is I`ve never intentionally broke a friendship because of a difference in political or religious beliefs, if someone got on my chit because of their horse chit attitude that falls on them. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Kind of seems to me that it has helped everyone. Pitchy, you may not realize it, but you are leading the way in a lot of things just by being who you are. This topic has probably done a lot of good for all of us on here.
D. Brian Casady
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks piller but it didn`t seem to do much good to me I shouldn't of said anything.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As far as I am concerned, you did fine. If someone is upset with you, it is up to them to act like an adult now. Go ahead with your life and be yourself. Most of uf would like to go shooting with you, and then have a drink and a conversation after. Trouble is that you can't please everyone. You did more than your share, so you don't need to feel bad.
D. Brian Casady
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

If a "friend" quits on you over politics or religion, were they really friends in the first place? I think not.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

jcw wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:17 pm If a "friend" quits on you over politics or religion, were they really friends in the first place? I think not.
I agree problem is they may think the same thing and why people should talk it out. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm not all that forgiving over politics. I firmly believe voting Liberal has and will continue to damage this country beyond repair. Heck, we might have already tipped over as it is. :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

BlaineG wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:32 pm I'm not all that forgiving over politics. I firmly believe voting Liberal has and will continue to damage this country beyond repair. Heck, we might have already tipped over as it is. :evil: :evil:
I see your point too. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.