Telephone Survey

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Telephone Survey

Post by JerryB »

Late this afternoon my wife answered the phone and said that all depends, you will have to ask him yourself. I took the phone and the woman said she was doing a survey on shooters. Then she said you are a shooter ain't you? I said tell me if you voted for Hillary before I tell you anything. She said she didn't vote for her. I said go ahead and she did for about 15 minutes. She wanted to know if I was a target shooter or hunter or both. Wanted to know all about my ammo use and supply and a lot of things like that. I finally told that if get checked by the Govt. I would not talk to her ever again. She did tell that the survey was for Winchester ammo company. Anybody else get this call????
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Telephone Survey

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You're more trusting than I am.
I'm sad I feel that way.......but I do.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This day and age they already KNOW who we are, where we are. I do not talk to anyone doing surveys via phone, heck most times I don't answer surveys that are sent by mail.
The person on the phone could have lied when she said she did not vote for Hildabeast...
If I had received that survey call I think I would actually contact Winchester and find out if it was actually their people...
No I'm not paranoid, just don't think anyone outside of my inner circle needs to know what I'm doing.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I don't answer my phone any more. I turned off the ringer leading up to the last election. If anyone wants me they can leave a message, I check the answering machine every few days. If it's someone I know they call my cell.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I generally don't answer surveys on the phone.

They all have an agenda, and the questions are designed
so that the answers support that agenda.

And always remember: Anybody on the phone is legally just
a voice on the phone. You have no idea who they are.

-Stretch
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I've gotten to the point where if I can't identify, positively, who the person is or who they represent, I won't talk to them. Usually I just hang up. I don't care if they are offended, a "spam call" is offensive to me...

Speaking of polls, I often see "the polls say..." but who was polled? I'm 71 years old, have been employed for over 50 years, have registered to vote since I was able, owned many vehicles, purchased tons and tons of various hobby toys, equipment, supplies, voted in the last 8 or 9 national elections, and I have never been polled and don't know anyone that has...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I killed the home line years ago. No one was using it but telemarketers, even with us being on the "Do Not Call" list.

I won't take a call from an unlisted number or a number I don't recognize. That is what voicemail is for! :twisted:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 pm I killed the home line years ago. No one was using it but telemarketers, even with us being on the "Do Not Call" list.

I won't take a call from an unlisted number or a number I don't recognize. That is what voicemail is for! :twisted:
+1 :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Caller ID is displayed both on my landline's handset and my TV screen - We let all calls from numbers we don't recognize go to the answering machine built into our phone system.

The callers are definitely getting trickier, though - Evidently using a computer program that (no matter where they're calling from) displays (in caller ID) what looks like a local TN (same exchange), to gull folks into answering.

Most calls that go to the answering machine, however, are hang-ups with no message.

From looking at the (sad) news, I guess there's a lot of gullible folks out there who don't know that nothing in life is free (except a kiss from yer kin).

Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Your first mistake was answering the caller's questions.

A few years ago, I read about similar operation. Caller found out who had firearms, types of security, etc., and by utilizing the reverse telephone directory, found the address and burgled the house.

Never answer any questions about firearms in your home to anyone!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

My free, even if unwanted, advice:
NEVER answer ANY questions on the phone unless you know and trust the caller.

Come on, if the top FBI officials and even some recent Presidents have been pathological liars, why should we expect any better of unseen strangers?

My answering machine says, in part, "This is [phone number]... if we know you, please leave a brief message... If this is a solicitor or if we don't know you, please hang up, then quickly dial 0 and leave your message."

I get far less rings, now.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Rusty wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 am I don't answer my phone any more. I turned off the ringer leading up to the last election. If anyone wants me they can leave a message, I check the answering machine every few days. If it's someone I know they call my cell.

Dang Rusty...I thought I was the only wackjob. If the phone rings here I either don't answer it or if I'm nearby, I look at the caller ID.....99 times out of a hundred...it's "click"," click.".....----6

My wife, being more civilized than me will answer the phone....and when she hands me the phone and the caller says,"yo Jack, what's with the hangup?". I tell them, "check your caller ID, if your hiding your name it's "click"..."click"------6
Model A Uzi’s
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Well folks I reckon if I end up in prison or have my gun stolen ya'll can laugh your self silly and sing I told you so. It was my decision.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Rusty wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 am ...If it's someone I know they call my cell.
Sorry you ended up incarcerated, Rusty. Best wishes for your early release.