I recieved an email from Mic McPherson

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

I recieved an email from Mic McPherson

Post by JimT »

And I pass it on with his permission.

As a cathartic measure, and it worked -- first thing I have found since losing my best friend that has given me any personal joy, I have been posting articles, and one book, on Kindle e-Books. I am using the moniker, M. L. (Mic) McPherson, in an effort to avoid confusion when folks look for anything I have written that is on Amazon. So, if you copy and paste that into the Amazon search window, you will find my books and articles, I hope!

These articles include three basic types. First, some of my more important work that originally published in Precision Shooting and Varmint Hunter; many similarly technical and generally long articles that I submitted to those publications too late for use before those magazines folded; and, new similar work -- all with a plethora of pictures. Second, personal-interest stories that are not apt to ever publish in any mainstream magazine. Third, a compilation of all my lever-action articles and a few other interesting articles, in book form, that I had to split into four parts so I can make a dime and not have to charge $100 for these 400-odd pages of text and pictures (lots of pictures) covering details of many custom Marlin conversions and the exact modifications necessary to create those special guns.

My prayer is that some of you might find something among those postings that is of interest, be that educational, entertaining, or simply relaxing. To download and enjoy, you need either a Smart phone, a tablet, a Kindle reader, or a computer. Autumn tells me that the necessary software is free and takes only seconds to download to any modern device.

If you are kind enough to buy something that I have posted and find it worthwhile, your posting of a review would be helpful and appreciated, and a recommendation to others would help even more.

All the best,

Mic
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I recieved an email from Mic McPherson

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I've got one or two of his hard cover books and I really enjoy them. I'm not big on the Kindle unfortunately. I spend most of my days and evenings in front of this computer and when I read, I really look for something thing that doesn't glow to help me enjoy what I'm reading.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm I'm not big on the Kindle.
I know what you mean .

Four or so years ago I bought two of them . A sm aller one for my daughter in the Philippin es and a full size one for myself . She used the heck out of the little one and it finally gave up the ghost . By the time hers gave up I'd grown unfond of mine and took it and gave it to her . She likes them well enough but they're not my cup of tea .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

6pt-sika wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:02 am
Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm I'm not big on the Kindle.
I know what you mean .

Four or so years ago I bought two of them . A sm aller one for my daughter in the Philippin es and a full size one for myself . She used the heck out of the little one and it finally gave up the ghost . By the time hers gave up I'd grown unfond of mine and took it and gave it to her . She likes them well enough but they're not my cup of tea .
Are you talking about the E-Reader or the Kindle Fire series? The Kindle Fire is just a glorified Android Tablet. The Paperwhite Kindle, on the other hand, is a very handy gizmo for reading otherwise unobtainable books. It's very close to reading on paper as far as one's eyes are concerned.

BUT, Mic's works don't work on the Paperwhite Kindle. :cry: So ended up reading on the Kindle app on the computer. Really enjoyed the one about the Superstitions and the Lost Dutchman Mine.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

While I like "real" books, realistically there is no way I could keep all the books that I have on Kindle. There is a lot of excellent reloading/shooting/hunting information out there (as well as other topics) and I don't let my preference for "real" books get in the way of obtaining what can help me. I probably have over 300 books on my Kindle.