Marlin Loop

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Marlin Loop

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,
With my large mitts, three finger fit snug in the stock loop! No chance with thin gloves. Been looking around for a solution, but didn't like the looks of some large loops. I put this large loop on my Marling 1895. Stock loop was nice and tight and this replacement fit the same. The look was the most satisfactory, of course function was paramount. Anyone else have any dealing with Ranger Point Precision. I am very please with their product.

http://www.rangerpointstore.com/marlin- ... 1894-1895/

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin Loop

Post by AJMD429 »

No, but THAT is the contour I like.....none of the huge 'hoop' stuff - I just want functionality without finger-mashing.

[image from the website - http://www.rangerpointstore.com/marlin- ... 1894-1895/]
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I have a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine in .357-mag that has a big loop and I really like it, I thought I wouldn't but it is very functional. Big loops on a levergun have their place... :)
hqdefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lever1886
Levergunner

Post by lever1886 »

Going to give one a try for the 1894. The factory loop is quite small for large hands
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Wild West Levers makes a nice one. It comes stock on the Marlin SBL. I've used it for years hunting and love it.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I also used the Marlin factory one on a project.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If I remember right, Pitchy modified the lever loop on his Marlin several years ago. It looked more or less normal, but was larger for bigger hands and gloves. I liked his much better than the rounded designs.
A pic of his extended loop is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40904&p=508852&hili ... op#p508852

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***