Spent a couple hours with Sixgun today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Spent a couple hours with Sixgun today.

Post by fordwannabe »

I played hooky today been working way much OT for months, and will go back to it tomorrow but today was mine. Well I drove down to see Six, he has a very nice place with a great view and we spent 20-30 minutes or more just sittin out back watching the horse and watching a beautiful sunny day. May have swapped some stories, got to meet Mrs. SIX, and the dogs. Six presented me with a few gifts, that were totally unnecessary, but greatly appreciated. He took me to see some fine, jaw dropping, firearms( a couple of which I would not mind being the next custodian of...hint hint). We conducted a little business and I got to bring a very special firearm home. He even gave me some more gifts, then I took him for a ride in my Mustang GT...I BELIEVE he thought it might get out of its own way. Hee hee.
I had a wonderful time and was treated like family. Thank you my friend for a great half day. I got home and am happier about the deal, than when I left your place, with the tires smoking.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Spent a couple hours with Sixgun today.at

Post by Sixgun »

Well, well.......good 'ole Tom......I have to be the biggest fish in the world as Tom is the second board member to burn me. First, it was that hombre from Maine....(Old Win.) That guy robbed me something bad. Then,.....Tom calls and says he is stopping over...pretending to be my friend.

O.K. It was all fine and good for awhile. We bs'ed and little did I know, Tom was setting me up and I have the PROOF.

Like like that guy from Maine, Tom played me like a fiddle. He wanted to see the Marlin factory prototype rifle. (336 in .35) as you guys know, I'm a Winchester and Colt guy...Tom forgot more about old Marlins than I will ever know. So.....I show him the rifle and he whacks me with a vertical buttstroke.....grabs the Marlin....and jumps in his extremely powerful 408 H.P. Mustang and like a flash of light...gone!

O.K......Tom and I had a great day and yes, we had business to attend to and yes, he left with the Marlin prototype.....it's time to hand over the reins to the younger generation to care for these fine pieces of American craftsmanship.

Toms a great guy and gave me a ride in his Mustang...whoa! He is going through the gears...yea, stick shift for you younguns....and after a half mile my knees were knocking...for real.......his car glued me to the seat....power and torque like I have not seen since the sixties and big block Chevy's....

Well, came home and took a nerve pill but I did manage to take a pic of Tom's residue from the Mustang and his hurriedly departure....who knows what else he had stashed in the Mustang from my safe,...at least he did not show up in a Buffalo coat like that Old Win. guy.----6

Model A Uzi’s
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Spent a couple hours with Sixgun today.

Post by 2ndovc »

That's great! Love the burn out in the driveway!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool beans, sounded like a great day . 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've met them both... and have to wonder... just who skinned who? I stayed way... down the Florida Keys... and had to stretch the stove over for a day... a little negotiatin', and I'm making a profit on the overnighter! Hopefully, my two new 1836 Pietta Paterson copies will be in next week... Maybe the next time I head up your way... I'll drag 'em along & we'll do some SHOOTIN'!

Havin' to deal with trouble on a two lane highway...
IMG_0136.JPG
Somebody probably took a header from the bridge. Now sitting for over an hour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six next time you are going to have members visit you might want to let me know so I can be an impartial observer- just to keep an eye on things... I'm sure we could agree on a modest fee...
I sure hope Tom posts some pics of his newly acquired Marlin prototype, I'd like to see it! I'm sure other would too?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ahh A1A, love that road! But, anyone has a problem, everyone pays! Long hold ups are just a given down there. Key Largo has always been one of our favorite destinations.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey guys....before I respond I feel in the interest of honor to let Tom respond first. Right now Mom and me are headed out for an alcohol and lobster fueled evening.....not really. :D Tom? You there bro?-----6

At least Griff is having a blast in the traffic jam.....he always gets the greatest of luck. I can just imagine the party he has going on in the Black Rose.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Griff, thank you for defending me in all this. You know how he is, though I do believe I saw a tear, when that one walked out the door.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Jack that money is yours now do whatever you want with it, like the rifle is mine. Gotta go, headed to the gunshop to get it threaded for a suppressor and drilled and tapped for a 4.5 x16x50 scope.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm Hey Jack that money is yours now do whatever you want with it, like the rifle is mine. Gotta go, headed to the gunshop to get it threaded for a suppressor and drilled and tapped for a 4.5 x16x50 scope.
Oh no! Tom is worse than me! Suppressor and a scope!! I once put a 36x Nightforce on a Colt 1908 Pocket Model in 25 ACP.

For real, Tom educated me on suppressors today and I'm off to get one .....I like the idea he told me about a "variable" suppressor for multiple calibers. Thanks bud!---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

As always had a blast Jack. Thank you
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good for you Tom!
Ole Six has been havin' it his way for too long! :D
Wow! Green grass! I'm still waiting for a couple patches of snow to go off my lawn.
Funny, you show up with a Mustang, I showed up with the old Hemi, and we both made a clean getaway!
Your visit sounds like mine. Old Six is good people. I gotta get back down there........ before you get all the cool stuff! :D
Glad you guys had a good visit.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks for the laugh Jay....I needed it.....Tom with the Mustang and you with the Hemi......yea, I feel suckered......fast cars that outrun bullets......you guys are the best. :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No problem ole buddy!

So are you, bro. Stay crazy. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I am going to be taking some good photos...with a camera, not a phone, on Saturday. Will ask Blaine to assist with posting them, as for some reason I have never been able to get pictures to post correctly.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice! Can't wait to see em. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Today, thinking about Tom's newest toy...I'll let him tell you what it is......well, I am 100% sure that I made the best choice for the man who got this rifle. Mom and I went shopping today and then out to dinner.....while drinking a 20 ounce Sam Adams Lager, a double shot of JD and wolfing down breaded shrimp, I was thinking about the "loss" of one of my prized rifles........ :cry: .......yea, these things bother me as there is not rifle like this anywhere in the world......one of a kind......anyway, after wiping off the tears and discussing Tom's visit with Mom, I feel good that a great guy like Tom is the new custodian of the rifle.......but after reaching in my pocket and pulling out a wad of hundred dollar bills big enough to choke a whale, I suddenly no longer gave a pelosi. :D

Now, if I can just swindle that hombre from Maine out of a wad of Ben's, I'll really feel good as I'm sitting on top of the totem pole. :D

By the way Tom, ya know that like new 1894 in 32-40 you want? Well, I'm taking it with me this weekend to the big two day match to use on silhouette as something is telling me it will be the last time I'll be shooting it...(hint). Maybe, just maybe..it all depends on how many chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams the rifle will knock down. :D -----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well it'll be Tom's lucky day if you didn't get those slugs sized just right.......or maybe the base is a little flared. :D
Ole Six will think, "This thing don't shoot! May as well sell it to Tom for cheap." :D
Gotta dream big!

This hombre just sent all his Ben's to Uncle Sam! :evil:
You gotta time it up pretty right old buddy. :D
I'll have a hard time swinging your cool stuff. But boy I gotta long list of wants in THAT gun room! :D
What about your boy? He must have dibs on a bunch of it?
I know mine are plotting my demise. I'm just glad they like to sit in the gun room and BS with the old man.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Tom, I hope you kept one hand on your wallet around that Eye-Talian God Father :o :o :shock: :shock: :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

After I got done with Jack...I had to raid the ashtray for the toll road on the way home. However, I will say he was MORE than fair in all aspects of the transaction. AND he let me slobber all over a couple really really cool guns.
Jack if you dont want that ol tomato stake, wore out 1894 you just let me know.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Tom,
you couda picked me up on the way down,I'm hurt...............LOL

Can't wait to see the Marlin.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sorry Tom, but the mustang is a two seater..that would be me, and Jack. That would mean I would leave you at Jack's with all those guns
Hahahahahaha NOT GONNA HAPPEN
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm feelin' sorta down... Jack didn't take me by his pad and show me all the neat toys... I had to make do with what he could just throw in the back of the Jeep... but... I did get to shoot the ones he brought!!! Hmmm... a tomato-stake mdl 94 in .32-40... might wanna toss in a bid myself!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

See?? It's easy to have fun. Blaine is right...I gots "the boys" watching over me. Their dues ain't cheap though. :D I gotta knock off a few .....---""... tonight....beers? :D

Griff....you bring the Black Rose over here......plenty of room to park it........that baby is big enough for a 6 man party....we will get all the boys from the board to bring over their "holy grail" guns and while the party is going on, I'll have "my guys" slip a few knock out pills in their Wild Turkeys.

On a serious note, there will be a wing ding at Al Faust's "spring roundup" levergun silhouette match at the Colsolidated Gun Club this weekend in Montoursville this Friday, Sat., and Sun. "The Gunny" is driving up from N.C. to enjoy the festivities. Steelbanger told me he will drop in and hopefully our very own Jason...2ndovc.......

I'll really miss Jack Kort......things will never be the same without him. In his honor, I'll be using one of his favorite cartridges, the 44 WCF......if it knocks the Rams over or not....so be it.

The rifle I'll be using is a near pristine very late production 1894 Marlin in 44-40 that has a .425 groove diameter made in 1924.... I purposely did not show this rifle to Tom the other day as I was afraid he was gonna slip it in his Mustang....(I really forgot about it Tom).... :lol: 6
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a hoot of a time, bud. Have a cold one for me. :D
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:00 pm Spent a couple hours with Sixgun today . . .
Couple hours? My sincere condolences. :p :wink: :mrgreen:

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Someday, I hope to pay a visit to Sixgun. Of course, I'd let him know ahead of time so he didn't see this disreputable fellow coming down the driveway and I ended up trying to dodge through a hailstorm of cast bullets. I think one of my nephews lives at your end of the state, Sixgun. If I ever pay him a visit, I might look you up.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/